style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

council tax notice of issue of liability order information

Please help, unsure what to do now. Feel quite sick with worry.

I am a widowed mum, 3 kids. And yesterday got 5 of these from rossendales. all for 600 n odd each. I am crap with money and fail miserably to budget.

They tell me I cant pay anything to council, payment in full within 14 days. The orders date back years.

I have spent the last 13 years robbing peter to pay paul, in and out of employment upteen redundancies.

I try my best, but I just end up falling behind again, and the last 2 years have literally buried my head in the sand. Hoping a mracle would happen only it hasnt.

They say if I fill in the form, I can make arrangements to pay over the next 3 months. I have no idea where I can get over 2500 from. I have no power tto borrow.

Feel absolutely desparate now. Feels as though my heart is coming out of my chest.

Hi nelson2002 welcome to CAG you have come to the right place.

Now first take a deep breath and feel better, you are on the way to tackling the problem. First thing tomorrow, ask the council

How many Liability Orders they hold for you

Whaich tax yesrs do they apply to

When were they obtained

When were they passed to bailiffs for enforcement.

also ask have they applied the Single Person discount to the account if not why not. You will also have to work out when and for how long in each year arrears are for how long you were on benefits,

As to Rottendales, likely their fees are preloaded and likely some are unlawful so can be challenged, by using the information they send from Acme letter adapted to suit:

To:

Acme bailifflink3.gif Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

You do not have to let the bailiff in no matter what lies he spouts about locksmiths, gorgon prison etc, in fact it would be a very bad idea to let him in, there is no law that forces you to deal with him. deny him a levy and he is powerless. if you have a car keep it a good way away to avoid nim levying it, and above all don't worry, others will also be along to help soon.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Can I not just start repaying to council??

will rossendales accept longer than 3 months do you think??

I have 8 altogether. spent about half that working in low paid jobs. I was never entitled to benefits or anything, as i get widowed parents allowance.

The orders date back to 2007, 2005, 2008, 2009 etc

I dont know when they where passed for enforcement they dont say

The bailiffs are wrong you can pay directly to the council

you must keep the bailiffs out they do not have right of entry and they DO NOT need to come into your property to set up a payment arrangement

The figures the council have to bailiffs will be different

Keep bailiffs out don't sigh anything you do not have to deal with the bailiffs there is no right of entry for them no locksmith or police to help them break in7

Bailiffs lie don't be taken in by there dribble

items outside Car are at risk of levy tuck them away

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I have no car will they climb over your gate/fence ?

So are they not like a distress warrant where they can get in then.

No they will try to make you let them in, and you DO NOT HAVE TO LET THEM IN, best thing is not to let them in, and film them through the letterbox to record any unlawful or outlandish threats as to what they can do, better to ground the Formal Complaint you will be sending with help from Caggers in due course when Dossendales greed gets the better of them, and they try it on with unlawful fees, it is only a matter of time before they trip themselves up.

in the meantime pay into the council using their online system an amount you can afford to pay regularly preferably weekly on the same day, to build up a payment record, tell them this is what you are doing as legally you don't have to deal with Dossers at all, and you cannot trust them to deal fairly with you. You will have to budget £42.50 for legitimate First and second visit fees.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have no car will they climb over your gate/fence ?

So are they not like a distress warrant where they can get in then.

No they can NOT get in at this point bailiffs will tell you otherwise

Bailiffs lie

Ok just need to clarfy cause I am scared. The letters say's the following

COUNCIL TAX NOTICE OF ISSUE OF LIABILTY ORDER INFORMATION PRELIMINARY TO DISTRESS.

(The word distress here scares me, cause to me this means they CAN COME IN)

The letter then says

Following an application made by ??? Council a liability order was made in 2008 in respect of unpaid council tax (Balance) including costs.

You must pay the sum in full and directly to Rossendales NOT THE COUNCIL. The council has authorised Rossendales to collect this debt.

(They say dont pay the council, so how do I pay direct to council and what repercussions if i do)

Payment to be made in 14 days

if you want us to consider an arrangement you must complete the enclosed questionaire in full, including details of your offer and send it to us NOT THE COUNCIL within 7 days.

( I have til tues, when this needs posting out as the letter took a few days to come)

They then say failure to supply information can result in a court fine of upto £500

(This is where my previous distress warrants came from where I didnt pay the fine and they could get in with them. Is that right)

These letter came via the post I think, not in person as they all have franked stamps on them I was out yesterday.

Then go's onto list charges etc

I may be wrong but I would have thought that the guidelines on "vulnerability" - a single parent with three children - would apply in this case and the council should immediately take it back from Rossendales if a repayment proposal can be made. We need TT's input here so I've Pm'd just in case it's missed.

Ok just need to clarfy cause I am scared. The letters say's the following

COUNCIL TAX NOTICE OF ISSUE OF LIABILTY ORDER INFORMATION PRELIMINARY TO DISTRESS.

(The word distress here scares me, cause to me this means they CAN COME IN)

The letter then says

Following an application made by ??? Council a liability order was made in 2008 in respect of unpaid council tax (Balance) including costs.

You must pay the sum in full and directly to Rossendales NOT THE COUNCIL. The council has authorised Rossendales to collect this debt.

(They say dont pay the council, so how do I pay direct to council and what repercussions if i do)

Payment to be made in 14 days

if you want us to consider an arrangement you must complete the enclosed questionaire in full, including details of your offer and send it to us NOT THE COUNCIL within 7 days.

( I have til tues, when this needs posting out as the letter took a few days to come)

They then say failure to supply information can result in a court fine of upto £500

(This is where my previous distress warrants came from where I didnt pay the fine and they could get in with them. Is that right)

These letter came via the post I think, not in person as they all have franked stamps on them I was out yesterday.

Then go's onto list charges etc

Standard letter to make you panic and pay them

They CAN NOT force entry

I may be wrong but I would have thought that the guidelines on "vulnerability" - a single parent with three children - would apply in this case and the council should immediately take it back from Rossendales if a repayment proposal can be made. We need TT's input here so I've Pm'd just in case it's missed.

Thank you

Payments to council

deny bailiffs a levy do not let them in your house

at no point can bailiffs force entry have to come in

Bailiffs will knock a few times before they give up

Bailiffs with no levy can do nothing apart from give up

And resume some sort of payment to council
Yes! What you can reasonably afford, paid at reasonable intervals - weekly or monthly.

Breathe easy. Bailiffs are a bluddy nightmare but, recognise them for what they generally are - thuggish fraudsters, and the task of dealing with them, I feel, gets a little easier.

I cannot emphasise enough the importance of keeping track of all comms about this. NEVER talk to a bailiff on the phone. NEVER answer the door to them. DO record them. It's quite amazing what the thugs let slip.

Yes! What you can reasonably afford, paid at reasonable intervals - weekly or monthly.

Breathe easy. Bailiffs are a bluddy nightmare but, recognise them for what they generally are - thuggish fraudsters, and the task of dealing with them, I feel, gets a little easier.

I cannot emphasise enough the importance of keeping track of all comms about this. NEVER talk to a bailiff on the phone. NEVER answer the door to them. DO record them. It's quite amazing what the thugs let slip.

Exactly no matter what the bailiff threatens you don't have to let him in, and you should film him with a mobile phone even to capture his threats, he will spit his dummy out and say yopu need his permission to film him, NO YOU DON'T on your own property

Now as to vulnerability here are the National standards, as a single parent family on low income you may well be vulnerable which means dossers shouldn't even be involved

National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Vulnerable situations

 Enforcement agents/agencies and creditors must recognise that

they each have a role in ensuring that the vulnerable and socially

excluded are protected and that the recovery process includes

procedures agreed between the agent/agency and creditor about

how such situations should be dealt with. The appropriate use of

discretion is essential in every case and no amount of guidance

could cover every situation, therefore the agent has a duty to

contact the creditor and report the circumstances in situations

where there is evidence of a potential cause for concern. If

necessary, the enforcement agent will advise the creditor if further

action is appropriate. The exercise of appropriate discretion is

needed, not only to protect the debtor, but also the enforcement

agent who should avoid taking action which could lead to

accusations of inappropriate behaviour.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw from domestic premises if the

only person present is, or appears to be, under the age of 18; they

can ask when the debtor will be home - if appropriate.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw without making enquiries if the

only persons present are children who appear to be under the age

of 12.

 Wherever possible, enforcement agents should have

arrangements in place for rapidly accessing translation services

when these are needed, and provide on request information in

large print or in Braille for debtors with impaired sight.

 Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

 the elderly;

 people with a disability;

 the seriously ill;

 the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

 pregnant women;

 unemployed people; and,

 those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or

reading English.

Have you had the single persons discount deducted from your bills since you have been a lone parent, if not demand the council applies it and amend your bills accordingly.

Yes I have the lone parent on the wonderful 25% discount, even though there is only 1 blummin adult here me. Mrs trying to keep head above water.

So If I am not here, but the kids are. They cannot do anythng. I have just briefly outlined the situation to my eldest:( . And told him to keep the door locked at all times. And if any adult starts asking questions through the door to record on there mobile. He is 12 though looks older.

Thank you for your support it has certainly helped with my panic. Was in a blind panic last night lied in bed wondering what the hell, I was going to do. What can I sell etc how can I get thkis cash within 3 months. When I am unemplyed I dont even sign on. As I am not entitled to any benefits not even school dinners. The widow parents allowance is supposed to cover anything

Nelson, just curious, which council are we talking about here?

Dont want to say, as if anyone I know on here see's this they will know who I am.

Quite ashamed of myself and how I manage finances it has always been my downfall

Yes I have the lone parent on the wonderful 25% discount, even though there is only 1 blummin adult here me. Mrs trying to keep head above water.

So If I am not here, but the kids are. They cannot do anythng. I have just briefly outlined the situation to my eldest:( . And told him to keep the door locked at all times. And if any adult starts asking questions through the door to record on there mobile. He is 12 though looks older.

Thank you for your support it has certainly helped with my panic. Was in a blind panic last night lied in bed wondering what the hell, I was going to do. What can I sell etc how can I get thkis cash within 3 months. When I am unemplyed I dont even sign on. As I am not entitled to any benefits not even school dinners. The widow parents allowance is supposed to cover anything

you don't need to pay it in three months

pay it direct to council every week so a payment history stacks up

"He is 12 though looks older.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw from domestic premises if the

only person present is, or appears to be, under the age of 18; they

can ask when the debtor will be home - if appropriate.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw without making enquiries if the

only persons present are children who appear to be under the age

of 12."

As you can see the bailiff would be in trouble if he pushed his way in with only your children present.