anasjamil

DVLA SORN Dispute. Did sorn online and posted V14 still got penalty notice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2515 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am keeping my car off road therefore I did SORN online and also I sent V14 with TAX disc to DVLA by royal registered mail. But still they want 100pound penalty.

Time lines:

1. Did SORN online on 23rd November12. Got email confirmation saying application made on 23rd November12. However website said SORN will start from 1st December12 (probably because my TAX disc runs out on 31st November12).

2. Sent V14 with tax disc to DVLA by registered royal mail post on 23rd November. I can see on Royal Mail tracking website that it is received by DVLA on 24th November.

3. Got a letter from DVLA dated 28th November that since your car is not insured or sorn as of 28th November therefore you have to pay 100pounds.

Please can anyone help me what I am suppose to do now? shall I pay penalty and get rid of the problem or shall I apply for dispute?

When did the insurance run out or was cancelled ?

Insurance was cancelled in July 2012.

Got first letter from DVLA as a reminder to sorn on first week of November, I called DVLA they said they give me 4 weeks to SORN.

Got second letter from DVLA dated 28th November that since my car is not showing sorned on 28th November that is why i have to pay penalty.

My car is on garage's front court for sale, someone was about to buy my car on 23rd and he denied at the last moment that is why I did not applied for SORN before.

I have below proofs with me:

1. Penalty Notice dated 28th November 2012.

2. Email confirmation of online SORN, dated 23rd November 2012.

3. Receipt of royal mail dated 23rd November

4. Delivery to DVLA of royal mail dated 24th November.

5. Copy of V14 form and tax disc which I sent you by royal mail.

There is a requirement to be continuously insured but you were without insurance for 4 months before declaring SORN.