easilymisled

moorgate issues- settlements

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1615 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guys im trying to negotiate f and f settlements with moorgate, but they just wont play ball. How can i make them accept? Ive explained that our income will drop next month due to maternity leave, but no avail.

Im offering 75% of the balances, which i think is really reasonable, and its the best we can do, any suggestions please?

Its also really hard to speak to them over the phone, they refuse to discuss settlements over the phone, which makes it so much harder.

You will need to make the offer in writting as formal full and final settlement, to try to do this by phone is fraught with dangers, and must be carefully worded to avoid things like any remaining balance being sold on.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Please tell us about the debt, who was it originally owed to, how old is it, do these own it or are they simply collecting it on behalf of the OC, if your offering 75% of the total and they are so dumb as to refuse, then time to play hard ball back.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If there are excessive charges, PPI, no agreements, then I think you will find that they could be used as leverage to get them to accept....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

hi did moorgate accept your 75% settlement offer? i am having trouble with them. thank you

Hi MJ, this thread is sadly 2 and a half years old, you are unlikely to receive and answer.

Please start a new thread and tell us about the debt please.

Who was original company

What type of debt - eg loan

Rough amount

When account was opened

Which company owns the debt now

Is account defaulted, has a N1 claim form been issued etc

Once done in your own thread members will be able to help you

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1615 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you