Anubis1275

Very.co.uk not very nice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2083 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I need some advice on behalf of my step sons partner.

She has an account with Very that she is unable to pay off due to a change in her financial situation - she had a baby back in April and now her maternity benefits have ceased though she is unable to return to work so both are relying on step sons wage that barely covers them each month.

Very have contacted her a number of times over her arrears but the amount she is able to pay per month -£5 max does not cover the monthly interest Very are charging and Very are insisting she finds £50-70 a month.

She acknowledges the debt is hers and only hers, always has done, and does not seek to avoid paying but cannot seem to make Very understand her situation so the debt is increasing each month in interest charges rather than decreasing.

Is there anything we can formally put to Very to at least freeze her account or make them see that they are'nt helping themselves here. Thank you very much.

Strange as it may sound but 1 option would be to not pay, let it go to the debt collectors where the balance will stop going up. This is just one option, wait for others to advise.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

H1, suugest she writes to Very (don't phone) customer services have no authority to make any decisions other than those laid down in script!!

So address the letter to the HEAD OF COLLETIONS at VERY.

ref:account number.

Dear sir or madam,

Financial Difficulties.

I have been in touch with Very regarding my account which due to (state the problems/benefits etc. new baby.) I am unable to meet the monthly payments, unfortuately I have never met such unhelpful people as the staff in your companys call centre!!!

I have offered to make a payment of £5.00 pcm which im all I can reasonably afford without causing hardship to my family, and I have no intention of doing this!

All I am asking is that Very freezes interest for x months until I am able to work again,and I wiill pay the offered sum of £5.00 pcm by standing order.

Perhaps very should take note of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003 updated November 2012 Section 3.7 (i) & (j) regarding pressuring debtors to pay more than they can reasonably afford and rejecting resonable offers of payment.

I trust you will respond positively to this request, the first payment of £5.00 in enclosed herewith.

Get her to send this recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

you can go to CAB and they will draft letter or contact them on your behalf.

you need to get debt frozen and pay what you can afford only if this is £1/month.

Get her to check the statements of account to see of there are penalty charges on there which she should reclaim together with the interest charged as a result of them.

These would things like "Late Payment", "Collection Fee", "Telephone Collection" etc etc.

Reclaiming any and all of these will reduce the amount owing.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Good evening. Thank you all so very much for your replies, we will get the letter sent off and note Very's response. I'll get her to check her statements too and see what else she has been charged for.

Hi Marco, going through a similar problem via my step daughter/Very,

The experts should be able to tell you the full procedure and exactly what to write but you do need to write to them asap detailing why it is you cannot pay, what you can reasonably afford to pay and request that they place your account on hold.

Send by recorded delivery so you have a proof of when you first told them of your difficulties as if Very continue to add interest or default charges to your account you may be able to claim some of these back.

Don't worry, the guys here really know their stuff.

Have a search through the forums for very.co.uk and see whats being sorted for others here.

Does anyone have a contact address for Very?