bristolmary

Appealing a DWP decision not to help with payments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2514 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I've been unemployed since February and am on JSA. i applied for help with my mortgage and a consolidated loan on the house. After months of going backwards and forwards, I finally have the decision that they will help with my mortgage but not the loan.

I have been paying minimum amounts on the loan each month, but now they're getting grumpy as I owe over 1k. I had hoped that the DWP would be willing to help me out on both counts. However they've said that they won't pay towards this as it's debt consolidation and not considered essential under their rules.

I can't afford to pay the loan company, so want to/need to urgently appeal against their decision, I have the form, but I really don't know what to put in for my appeal? Can anyone give me any suggestions? I could end up losing my house over it all and it's really getting to me as I fought hard with my ex over keeping the house and now I could lose it.

Please can someone give me some idea/help with what I can use to appeal?

thanks

Mary

You can only appeal on a point of law. There's information here on what they'll pay for.

Only on points of law? Looked at the form which I guess looks like theres, no point really me bothering to try and appeal and just settle for the fact that I'm about to be put into council housing..thanks anyway

Yes. You can't appeal because you've not been given enough money / you don't like the decision.

What was the loan for?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop