• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sigmaspv1 N1 - old HSBC OD.***Claim Struck Out***

Artheratkins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is things like that you will need to include in your rebuttal statement, AA :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell me how you got from an £800.00 overdraft to owing something like, £8,000 ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do you have a court hearing date, please ?

You need to get your rebuttal WS to both claimant and court at least 7 working days prior to the hearing.. .

The timeline is bizarre isnt it ?

I will have a think on it.

BCOBS

Hi

I dont have a hearing date, all I know is that my AQ had to be received by today 4th March, I sent that back with the draft order that andyorch posted up for me. What seem to be even more bizzare is I sent the CPR31.14 recorded delivery, and they replied to it, but in their defence reply they deny they recieved it. And then they send a Notice before action letter 6 weeks after the intial court summons had been received and that went to my previous address even though I had been receiving communication at my present address!!

I honestly dont know how the amount got to that! I know I exceeded it they were allowing DD to go through even though I was at my limit, I rang and again extended the overdraft on their recommendation, to avoid the huge charges they were charging, I went through the whole incoming and outgoings details again and they agreed another limit.

I withdrew from using the account, had all my DD moved and set up on a halifax account with no overdraft facility, and later after getting myself organised arranged a plan to pay the overdraft, by which time I received a letter requesting I send back my cashpoint card and cheque book, which I did which is how it was left. so when in september 2008 I contacted them to enquire about a statement thinking that the overdraft must nearly be paid and reducing the payment.

AA

Edited by Artheratkins

Hi,

Can I send further information to the courts, Looking over Sigmas defence reply they have sent loads of Exhibits, i.e copy of letters they have sent to me at my previous address.

I wonder if I am able to add to my AQ, I know the deadline was yesterday, or do I have to wait now and see what happens, and then do it in rebuttall, when do you submit a rebuttall statement?

thank you

AA

You can add further when you submit your Witness Statement AA.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply. Would you or CitizenB or anyone else with the knowledge, just list what I need to expect to happen from here, AQ has gone in, I have received Claimants defence, I have been given no court date as yet.

I have more info I want to submit, as you say in witness statement, and evidence.

Date for AQ was 4th March, would you mind listing what should happen and what I should do, it gives me some time to think about it and know what to expect rather than being in the dark about whats going on.

Very Kind regards

AA.

Once the Court has both AQs and the DJ appointed has reviewed the particulars he/she will issue directions.This will be by the way of a Notice of Allocation...it will have the time table and dates both parties must comply and exchange and of course the Trial date.

If both parties have opted for settlement then he may put it out to mediation and stay the claim for a month with a view to both of you narrowing any differences or possibly reaching settlement.

The NoA will reveal all.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I havent heard anything as yet! i assume this is normal timing?

regards

AA

As most courts are behind in their admin by about 7 - 10 days, then they will likely just have got around to looking at the AQ's, AA.

So give them say another week and if you havent heard anything, telephone the court just to ensure that nothing has been sent out, which you havent received!

BCOBS

Next you should receive the Allocation Questionairre :)

BCOBS

Hello,

another one?

I recently did a allocation questionaire, well then end of february. Would I have to fill in another one?

AA

:doh:

Yes, of course you did. No, you wont get another one - you will simply receive notice of the hearing date - if there is going to be one. Ignore me !!

BCOBS

Notice of Allocation next AA this will outline the dates /time table and directions and trial date.

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Hello I have some time on my hands at the mo, would it be good practice to get my paperwork etc in order whilst awaiting notice of allocation.

I have copies of all communication since notified of court action, and also a basic timeline of events from very begining. Is there anything I should have ready?

regards

AA

Yes, I would AA - You might also want to make a list of the actual paperwork, just in case you have to disclose by list.

Whilst you are going through it, you could ensure that there are no issues you have missed previously :)

BCOBS

Rightio,

will get on with that today, I have wracked my brains and memory for anything that may have been linked and can not recall anything, just looking through all the paper work they sent as evidence and they returned pages of bank statements, all that is on any of them is the total amount outstanding and my monthly payment going in (until I stopped it) and the interest they added monthly, there is no statement of how the amount was built to the amount it started with, however to my advantage it clearly shows my payment regulararly being paid in, and I clearly remember the letter and the reason I stopped paying it.

Of course now I know even that in the present climate even if I paid £1 into the account monthly they wouldnt be able to take this action, however at the time I had no idea of the amount and they hadnt informed me even when I asked for a statement.

And that along with the fiasco, of where on earth they say they were sending letters, even after court action had began and I acknowledged, I think is a big enough reason why this should be given the benefit of doubt, and accuracy on their part. (and thats putting it nicely).

I accept I owed an overdraft, and I remember it being around £800 - 900, however clearly over a years worth of £100 payments should have cleared it, and if by some mystical way i do actually owe more than that, then they have an obligation to keep me fully informed and notiifed, so as much as I should have kept paying, they should have given me statements and allowed me to have limited online access to the account.

I will accept responsibility (as far as my income allows) however I want proof of where the amount comes from, and what exactly its for, and why write to me at my new address, and then (so say) send notification letters before and after court action began to my old address.

just found 2 letters in sigmas evidence sent to court, 2 letters that are supposed to be copies of the ones that were sent to my old address and copies they sent to me in their paper work in february have same dates but different date formats, the ones in the court defence pack are supposedly photo copies :!:

If anyone has any information of court language that would help me, please let me know, however the more I go over this in my mind, this whole thing is scandelous and ridiculous and I really wont sit here and accept it without hard evidence, and up to now I havent received anything that is in anyway convincing me of that.

AA

Edited by Artheratkins

In the link below you will find some guides written by the Judiciary that will help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387265-Bar-Council-publishes-guide-for-LiPs(2-Viewing)-nbsp

All designed for the Litigant in Person :)

BCOBS

Thank you,

Ive downloaded a document that relates to representing yourself in court.

In your last reply you mentioned about a list of documents/paperwork I actually have, making a list of of these.

Do you mean just a straight forward list starting with the first contact i.e. receiving the claim in november.

i.e. 30th november - addressed to (my address) Court claim received.

1st December copy of CPR31.14 sent to Sigma spv, including proof of receipt.

7th December 2012 copy of Acknowledgement of service.

20th December 2012 Letter from H L Solicitors confirming receipt of CPR31.14 request, requesting extension of time to 18th January 2013

And then when I get to the paperwork they sent back to me on the 14th feb which was copies of letters, to do it like this:

14th February 2013 Letter from HL Solicitors containing copies of :

* (give list of letters individually and dates and include address they were sent to including the most recent letter of the 21.1.13 also sent to my previous address after court action had started)

regards

AA

AA, that's the style. Anything that you are going to be using in court via your Witness statement.

The court sometimes ask for the parties to advise by list, the documents that are going to be used.

The list enables both parties to see what the other is relying on and if there is something on their list that you would like to see, then you can ask for it and vice versa.

Hope that helps :)

BCOBS

ok,

So should I also list the anomolies? diff date format than on my copies on the copies sent for their defence and so on.

Can I also on the list, star the documents asked for and what I actually received, as they didnt keep to any of the time frames for providing the CPR31.14 requests and also when I did receive any paper work, it didnt include the copy of the agreement/overdraft facility confirmation of terms and conditions - not entirely unexpected being as I never signed one, and also on the statement of account just shows amount outstanding for 6 months nothing on the build up to that amount, and also they keep referring to it as a credit account, but it was a current account>

AA

Edited by Artheratkins

I guess there is no harm in that :)

BCOBS