Closure of bank account

Malaika8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a student and have recently been a victim of identity fraud

I reported to my bank in which they said they found no evidence to suggest that any fraud had taken place during investigation

although someone has used an ATM to draw out money and also gone into phone shops to get a phone contract in my name.

While the investigation was ongoing I was told that they were looking into closing my bank account due to fraud

but when I phoned up again they said there was no evidence that they were closing it .

I then recently phoned up to remove blocks on my account only to find out that I couldn't because they were actually closing it

and that I no longer fit the criteria to hold a bank account there.

I recently lost my card and I have no money accept what is left my bank account which is £122

I am currently overdrawn and they refused to let me get it out because of the closure

and I have no money and the moment and I owe rent and need cash for food

and I am also expected a lump sum from my uni and money transfers from parents.

I don't know what to do??

did you report this to the police and get a crime number?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Malaika,

You need to open a new bank account quickly so you continue to have banking facilities.

Inform your Uni immediately NOT to transfer any money into the Barclays a/c as you will not be able to access it after fraud on the a/c.

1. When did you lose the account card and was this before or after the frauds.

2. How much do you think has been taken fraudulently from your a/c.

3. Have you also taken action about the phone fraud.

The banks often tend to put the blame for fraud onto the customer even though they actually have a duty to refund amounts taken from the a/c. Read this FSA Guide carefully so you understand what you can demand from your bank - https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/solving/index.shtml&sa=U&ei=hAe6UNLhEYPQhAfB4IDIAw&ved=0CAoQFjAB&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEvNdcvHk9fJu49lsY3MFl1cq9KEg

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)