Working and claiming DLA?

Yukiko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yukiko, if you were so certain then you should have reported them. It's as simple as that. The main reason that a few people get away with fraudulent claims is that people like you turn a blind eye and fail to do their duty. This, in my view, makes them complicit.

Nobody on DLA HRM is 'graced' with a car. It is leased and paid for by the claimant.

Yukiko, if you were so certain then you should have reported them. It's as simple as that. The main reason that a few people get away with fraudulent claims is that people like you turn a blind eye and fail to do their duty. This, in my view, makes them complicit.

Nobody on DLA HRM is 'graced' with a car. It is leased and paid for by the claimant.

I did report them, that was the point.

And as for the post previous to Rae, there have been many posts on here that counteract mine, please, do not be so quick to assume I'm calling you bitter. Simply referring to the style of posts I'm receiving for asking the question of whether it would be right or not to continue my claim. Ya' know, making sure that the general consensus is that I should.

I didn't mean to sound out of line. :|

Morning all, my grandson who is 7 has ADD, special educational needs of speech and language delay. His mum gets DLA middle rate care and low rate mobility. His mum also claims carers and it adds £50 dissability premium to tax credits. Its always worth claiming. It enables my grandson to atend every after school club he wants, football, karate and street dance, which all help with his confidence.

I think she can get some sort of consession for bus fares for him and her too, as my mother did when I was younger?

Apologies owed and rendered, m'dear. I'm glad you did. :)

Rae, as you're awake at this god awful hour (I'm at work!), it's completely off topic, but did you get anywhere with having your stricken car returned to you? I remember reading about it when I wasn't registered here a while back and was interested in the outcome?

Good grief you have quite a memory! I'm in the middle of completing the paperwork to take them to court. It's a long old job but I'll get there. I've had some good help and advice on the matter. I'll be shuffling off shortly, I tend to stay up very late as my lungs can make quite a racket at night so it's easier to sleep really late. x

Good grief you have quite a memory! I'm in the middle of completing the paperwork to take them to court. It's a long old job but I'll get there. I've had some good help and advice on the matter. I'll be shuffling off shortly, I tend to stay up very late as my lungs can make quite a racket at night so it's easier to sleep really late. x

The joys of being on my part of the AS spectrum... We seemingly remember every last silly detail...

But regularly forget what day of the week it is and question why we even have days when we day dream :roll:

My dd has a severe receptive and expressive language disorder which places her on the autistic spectrum. She receives LRC and LRM of DLA. She will be going off to Uni in the summer and I have wondered whether she will be able to claim DLA after she leaves home. Thing is she would never cope with halls so will need to find a flat nearby and a close friend of hers is willing to move to that area to find work and flat share and be there to support dd. If she does claim DLA that then means she is eligible for ESA and even if she doesn't receive any money from her ESA claim due to her student finance income that in turn makes her eligible for housing benefit so it would be very useful for her to continue to claim her DLA while she does her degree. She has improved somewhat in her ability to mobalise independently however between known points A to B by car, not public transport though, so I am unsure whether she will be eligible. It is something we will need to discuss nearer the time as we would never remain with a claim we did not think she was entitled to according to criteria and descriptors.

When I applied for a blue badge I was entirely honest and said I can walk a long way (used those very words) but am unable to carry/lift/bend and am often in a lot of pain, the LA sent off for my orthopaedic records and then awarded me the badge. I was stunned as I had been very honest about my walking ability, I'd only applied as I know someone with the same spinal conditon who had a blue badge so thought I may as well apply and be honest. I think it is always worth applying, be honest, and see what happens.