xxBumbleButtLisexx

So, got a letter from Lowell...re Cat Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2499 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

I was pointed this way by a few concerned friends when I showed them a letter I had received yesterday from Hamptons Legal, (on the back it said it was from Lowell) regarding a debt from a catalog (Littlewoods-Shop Direct) totalling £600+ from about a year or so ago.

Now at that time I was in Scotland, but due to domestic issues with my partner we split and I moved back down to my family in Hampshire around the start of April this year. In the madness which ensued, and the fact my partner was paying this off (He stopped since and failed to inform me) I thought all this had been resolved.

I acknowledge I owe this money, since it is in my name, so upon receipt of this letter which threatened the usual (bailiffs, CCJ etc) I called Lowells and tried to explain and make a workable payment plan.

The woman who answered was rude, aggressive and kept talking over me, demanding I set up a direct debit immediately to clear the debt, not listening when I tried to explain that I am alone and on Income support with 2 young children to support, and that paying £600 in one go just wasn't a possibility.

I tried to explain if she would be willing to send me payment slips, I would pay them £50 a month until the account was settled.

"We don't do that anymore, so I want your bank account details so I can set up a Direct debit" was all I got in response. I explained again that I wasn't going to give her my bank account details over the phone. When she ignored me again after I re-explained my situation to her and that I don't have that much money to pay in one go, things got a little heated when she demanded my bank account details for the 4th or 5th time and I ended up throwing a few choice words her way and hung up.

Since then I have had nothing but bothersome phone-calls demanding I pay up via direct debit immediately, or they will send the bailiffs out to my grandmothers house (which is where I am currently living) to "recover the debt".

I am more than willing to pay the amount owing, but I cant afford to do it in the lump sum they want me to via direct debit and i have a sneaking suspicion that had I given them my bank account details, I'd have had a very angry phone-call from my bank this morning.

Any help or advice would be greatly received right now, because I'm frazzled and have no idea what to do now.

Lise x

Ignore these childish morons, Lowlifes, Red, Hamptons Illegal are all the same company, and I think they also like to call themselves Tocato at times.

Forget them, totally ignore them, they are completely toothles and can do absolutely nothing.

As you have found out, these little boys & girls on the other end of their toy phones haven't grasped the adult way of life.

They cannot send bailiffs, they cannot turn up to your house, they won't be taking anything off you, least of all your money.

Report them to the OFT & Ofcom http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/privacy/ use the malicious calls link.

Now, as this is just a non priority debt and a catalogue one at that, I bet there is lots of charges and fees you can reclaim?

£1 a month is the maximum you can pay for this if your on benefits, set up a standing order with the catalogue direct and pay a pound a month.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Welcome to CAG,

You are right to refuse a DD.

1. There has to be a court judgement before bailiffs can be instructed so don't worry on that score!

2. Send the following letter to the Compliance Manager at Lowell:

3. NEVER PHONE A DCA.

Ref: as on their letter

Dear Sir

Formal Complaint Harassing and Intimidatory phone calls

I refer to your companys letter dated xx xx xxxx inwhich you allege I owe a debt in the sum of £ xxx xx,.

I made the unfortunate mistake of contacting your ''customer service'' department in order to set up a payment arrangement, only to be met by an agrgessive and intimidating woman who insisted that I had to give her my banking details to set up a Direct Debit Manadate to clear the debt in one payment.

I have attempted to inform this woman that I am in receipt of benefits and cannot make such a payment, also I can assure you that I would not at any time set up a DD with a company with the unenviable reputation I have dicovered Lowell has in conducting business.

I have two young children to support on benefits my more than generous offer to pay £50.00 per month was rejected out of hand, for which I am grateful as I have now realised that I can only afford £1.00 per calendar month without causing hardship to myself and my family, please provide your banking details so that I can set up a standing order for this amount.

I am aware of the OFT GUdance section 3.7 (i)''pressuring debtors to pay more than they can reasonably afford,without experiencing undue difficulty or to pay in an unreasonably short period of time.

Section 3.7 (j) also applies to the conduct of Lowell in this matter as does 3.7 (l).

I will be only too happy to inform the OFT of these obvious breaches.

Send RD.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

got all the statements?

if not sar littlewoods [shop direct]

and get reclaiming.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hey all,

Thank you so much for the quick replies and apologies for not being able to reply right away.

I was using my friends computer and have only just had the opportunity to get back on today.

Will be sending off a SAR request to Littlewoods asap and telling Lowells to get knotted,

seeing as they sent me out yet another intimidating letter threatening court action against me in 15 days.

In the letter they have stated that they are willing to accept a "reduced sum" of £453, or monthly payments of £25pcm.

.. No doubt they want me to set up another Direct debit again though.

They end said letter in their usual friendly way "Unless we receive payment, or there is a plan in place within 15 days of the date of this letter (7th Dec) we will take it further.

After that date any further correspondence will be either from the court, or from a home visit agent."

- I assume that means a bailiff, which you said they can't do right?

Any other suggestions to what I can do?

My grandmother found this letter and started stressing herself out,

so I'm worried she is going to make herself sick with worry over all this.

How can I contact Littlewoods to get the debt transferred back to them?

Will they accept a lower payment of £1pm or £10pm or something or would it be a case of just stating that to Lowells

and dealing with them getting their undershorts in a bunch over it?

Thank you again so much for dealing with my panicky incoherent ramblings.

Hopefully somehow I can get this all resolved before Christmas.

Lise x

they are offering a discount - IGNORE THEM

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

they CANNOT send BAILIFFS.

they have NO POWERS AT ALL.

do not EVER ring them

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ha ha lowlifes really do love bigging themselves up don't they?

TBH I don't even know why anyone reads their childish missives, unless it's for a laugh?

Write out what DX has posted above, and every time you feel yourself falling for their lies, read it out loud, alternatively give me your address and I will send you a letter with exactly the same idle threats and intimidation they send you, I bet you wouldn't even think to pay me anything would you? No, exactly, this is how everyone should deal with these empty idle immature threat letters, read them, laugh, and file under ignore, deal with the OC only.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!