katieloo

Santander PPI and Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2515 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently been claiming back PPI and so far have had one success with HSBC.

However I had a HOF store card which I am paying off on a payment plan and have been for over 18 months,

I pay well in advance of payment date and have never missed a payment.

I attempted to claim PPI that was imposed on this card in store, with the intention of this clearing the outstanding amount.

In September I received a letter from Santander that PPI had never been applied to my account and the matter was closed.

I however have every single statement for that store card and it is clearly there.

This letter from Santander was quickly followed by a letter from Lewis DCA demanding the full amount outstanding to Santander,

and two days after that I received a letter from Howard Cohen re court action.

I immediately wrote to both Lewis and Cohen stating the facts, that I had never ever missed a payment and was meticulous in my record keeping.

Santander had obviously decided to do this because I had requested my PPI.

I received a letter back from Lewis DCA requesting details of my September payment to Santander so that they could investigate.

I not only sent those details and clarification of when it left my bank account, I also sent proof of all other payments including October and current November,

all of which were sent to Santander and they processed through my bank account, once again well in advance of my scheduled payment date of which I have never broken.

Today I received a letter from Howard Cohen stating they have now been instructed to formally commence court action against me without further notice.

They are ignoring my correspondence and my regular payments and Santander are still cashing my monthly payments regardless.

All this because I applied for my PPI. Its making me ill now, I don't know what to do, this is harassment.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks.

So what have you done to further the PPI reclaim?

What were the reasons you gave for the mis-sale?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am afraid I have not gotten round to that one yet as all of this has shaken me up. I do intend to follow this up now.

The reasons I gave were I was pressurized. Irrelevant or not,

I had been looking at a beautiful evening dress that the sales assistant was pressurizing me about but was too expensive.

She suggested I take out a store card, spread the payments and she would also be able to give me a 10% discount.

I agreed, she filled out the application and put a cross by the PPI, I queried what it was

and I remember well she advised me to sign it to ensure I got the credit agreement through. I

admit I was a fool believing that one, however it was the spur of the moment and the rush.

I signed.

However at the time I was self employed and was also in the early stages of breast cancer.

The assistant knew this as I explained that was what the dress was for to cheer me up.

To cut the story short, I later needed extensive surgery I attempted to claim,

was told I did not qualify and was advised to cancel the policy which I did.

So when making my claim for PPI repayment, I stated, self employed, existing illness and policy was not explained as being optional.

Ok all valid reasons.

Write back to the lender challenging their decision. Send the copies of some statements which prove the PPI was on there. Ask them to put in writing why they have stated that the account never had PPI when clearly it does.

Tell them that it is quite clear that they did not investigate your claim properly and that you will be advising fos of their practice of fobbing people off without carrying out an investigation.

Reiterate your reasons for the mis-sale and tell them that if they fail to uphold your complaint you will pass that to fos as well which will cost them an £850 case fee.

Can you check your credit file to see who owns this debt? If Santander are still the owners then Lewis or Cohen cannot start proceedings against you, only Satan's Bank can.

Noddle is free.

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Thank you ims21 I will do exactly that.

The debt is still owned by Santander, the letter from Lewis states they were appointed to collect on their behalf.

However, I will still check my credit file just in case.

I have also gone back to my HOF statements and the initial request for repayment of PPI where I included the figures etc

and the amount that should be paid back to me far exceeds the debt outstanding,

my card would have been well in credit without the PPI,

not to mention a couple of late payment and over limit fees applied to card when I was in hospital that I presume needs to come back,

hopefully debt should be cleared and they owe me.......

..I can live in hopes of them doing the right thing!!

I shall start writing with renewed confidence, thank you once again.

Good stuff.

Please keep us updated and of you need further help just shout here.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions