• Tweets

• How does this look?     1. Paragraph 1 is accepted. I have, in the past, entered into a contract with Shop Direct, however I do not recall the exact details, nor do I recall any outstanding balance. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. 2. Paragraph 2 is noted, again I do not recall any breach and I have never received a Default Notice. 3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment, as stated by the Claimant. They have sent an alleged copy dated 5th Oct 2016 from my cpr31.14 request. this is the first time I have seen this letter. 4. On receipt of this claim form, I the Defendant sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of the said request. Therefore, the Claimant is to provide strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant has entered into a Agreement/ Contract; and (b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and © show and evidence the nature of the breach and service of the Default Notice, (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 5. The Claimant has stated that he has made several requests for repayment, yet I do not acknowledge any debt to the Claimant. 6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 7. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act. 8. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service. 9. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief.
    • Hi Everyone,   I'm in desperate need for some help. I was stopped by a ticket inspector on the bus who took my 16+ oyster card yesterday. This card has my name on it and I've been using it for the past year. I gave them my details and they kept asking me if I knew the name of who gave me the oyster, which I didn't at the time.    Can someone please inform me of the worst case scenario? I'm more than happy to pay the fines but I can't afford a criminal record as I've just accepted a job at the NHS and this will impact the DBS checks they're currently doing on me now.    I'm prepared to be completely honest about this situation. I genuinely could not afford to pay the full travel price which is why I applied for this fake oyster via a friend that I was referred to. I'm genuinely completely sorry for this offence and I'm scared of what is to come in terms of court summons, which I expect.    Your help would be appreciated. I'm yet to receive the letter as this incident only happened yesterday.    Thank you. 
    • no you dont better get a move on  it needs to be filled by 4pm ideally.   post 52 in that earlier thread I pointed to looks to be very useful with just a slight adaption    
    • exactly  not a letter of claim  just more silly threats.   I seriously would not be stressing out about some silly speculative invoice.   you need to be reading up in between downtimes then you'll know about how these people operate and what to do and expect   there are 1000's of threads here on CAG relating to exactly the same issue you have. use our search.   I refer you back to my earlier post..they have already shot themselves in the foot...   they are out of time with their NTK anyway ignore them now sad you didn't spot this in the 1st place! none of what you have done was ever necessary!!
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2544 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm not sure how to use the forums?

Hi, welcome to CAG

What do need help with??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Forum's are fairly simple to use atmospherical although some can be quite intimidating! If you google 'forum etiquette' there are numerous articles that go into depth, but the general rule, and excuse my french, is 'don't be a dick' :)