Informing DWP of changes - when?

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really pleased for you Nystagmite, and keeping my fingers crossed for Rae as well.

was just ESA50, or other evidence also?

congrats btw.

Can depend worried. I got Supprt Group from ESA form with no evidence sent in. Having said that have never had an IB medical either. Can depend on the condition , whether it all ties in as a typical progressive outlook for condition based on info they have on file for you already etc.

And a good measure of 'pot luck' on who first looks at your form, as some people put into Support Group have been moved a year later onto WRAG or as fit to work. Lottery process really.

Making sure you don't overload the form with info not relevant to descriptors is important as well, I think.

Thanks. It was other evidence too.

Can I please ask what kind of evidence you have sent if it is not trouble

I have sent my esa50 (trans.from I.B) on 19th 09 12 with lots of hospital appt. doctor reports etc. still waiting to hear

waiting is more stress more me it has lots of effect on my health. Many thanks

Really pleased for you Nystagmite, and keeping my fingers crossed for Rae as well.

Can depend worried. I got Supprt Group from ESA form with no evidence sent in. Having said that have never had an IB medical either. Can depend on the condition , whether it all ties in as a typical progressive outlook for condition based on info they have on file for you already etc.

And a good measure of 'pot luck' on who first looks at your form, as some people put into Support Group have been moved a year later onto WRAG or as fit to work. Lottery process really.

Making sure you don't overload the form with info not relevant to descriptors is important as well, I think.

indeed, if they used what on my ESA50 alone I would also be in SG, so cleaerly the person processing your form was more leniant than the one who processed mine. I am somewhat surprised someone can get into SG with an ESA50 alone, as whats stopping people outright lieing just using an ESA50? I suspect your ATOS centre was massively overwhelmed and they had to cut corners.

I even had ATOS tell the DPW SG and I got put in WRAG.

The DM told me they used my much older DLA medical report on walking distance over the ESA report. They didnt give me a reason why they ignored the 2nd SG descriptor I met.

My GP was contacted, which may have made some difference. I know with DLA, they have a decision makers guide, which has a list of medical conditions and the expected needs arising from them. I won't be surprised if they used something similar for ESA. Yet, as many will tell you, we don't fit into neat little boxes when it comes to disability. Especially for those of us with multiple disabilities.

• 1 month later...

http://labourlist.org/2013/01/esasos-the-government-are-sneaking-through-major-changes-to-how-disabled-people-are-assessed/

:mad2:

So, we now have imaginary guide dogs. Now, I do not know the process of getting a guide dog or how easy it is to obtain one. But is it reasonable for them to assume you can use a guide dog? Bearing in mind there are checks they have to do; such as if you've got other pets. (you can have a guide dog if you've got other pets; but it depends how the animals are together) And then there's the training you have to do. Some people may have medical conditions which make using a guide dog unsuitable.

If you're just mentally impaired, you can't use physical descriptors and vice versa. Where does this leave people with things like Autism? It's developmental and many of us are affected physically and mentally.

reading the article it unfortunately leaves people like yourself, exactly where the govt wants you to be, unsupported, no money, no income, no job, no hope, no life, but hey, at least us 'benefit scrounging sc{}m' are being 'put in our place' where the 'strivers' no longer have to pay through the nose in order to keep us in the manner to which we have become accustomed..

• 2 months later...

This hasn't happened yet; but have known for a while what my parents plans are.

Basically, my parents are paying off their mortgage on their house and when they've finished doing that, they want to transfer the house so that it's in the name of me and my two siblings. They said they can't see my brother moving out. I will and I know my sister will.

I currently receive income based ESA. I know that if you have property or savings worth over £16k, you can't claim income based benefits.

Where do I stand when it comes to properties where more than one person owns it? Neither are likely (at least for a while) to be able to afford to buy me out.

Thank you

As long as you live in the property then there will be no effect on your benefit but once you move out you need to declare that you have an interest in te property and would either be expected to have an income or capital. This could be disregarded for a period of 26 weeks whilst you decide what to do with regards to realising your share of the capital from the property.

You could be treated as being in receipt of 1/3 of the value of the property.

however if the property is occupied by a relative who is either a pensioner or disabled, the value of the property is disregarded

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Do you have any more information on this please? Brother is disabled.

The Employment and Support Allowance Regulations 2008

SCHEDULE 9

CAPITAL TO BE DISREGARDED

4. Any premises occupied in whole or in part by—

(a)a partner or relative of a single claimant or any member of the family as the home where that person is aged 60 or over or is incapacitated;

(b)the former partner of a claimant as the home; but this provision is not to apply where the former partner is a person from whom the claimant is estranged or divorced or with whom the person formed a civil partnership that has been dissolved.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/schedule/9/made

This is the original ESA legislation, I suspect the reference to age 60 will have been amended since to reflect the increase in qualifying age for pension credit, but can't locate the updated version

• Haha 1

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

• 7 months later...

What is the procedure (what to do?) if you have a sickness note for a month whilst on JSA please? Or for three months?

Are sick notes still in existence under the new system please?

It is coming up to Christmas so I don't really want to rock the boat right now and I don't feel very well any way.

Anything over 2 weeks you need to change your claim to ESA

Thought as much. Thinking of the procedure and if a delay is likely to occur. Not ideal just before Christmas.

I assume that the sickness certificate is sent to DWP. But is there a new claim form needed to be completed? Who needs to be advised? Housing Benefit etc?

I have forgotten the old system and I wonder if anything has changed?

• 1 year later...

I am finally moving. I pick my keys up on Frday. We're going to start moving stuff in on Friday and are having stuff delivered the following week.

So, as far as DWP are concerned, when am I actually classed as having had moved? IE, when do I have to tell them my new address and my entitlement to SDP?

When do you start having to pay rent ?

Most likely, they will consider you having moved the day you take up residence which may be a week or two after you have started paying rent (assuming this is rented).

personally, I'd go from the date stated on the tenancy agreement. As to when to inform the DWP, it makes sense to do so as soon as possible, certainly within weeks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.