Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I cant help thinking that if we had to complete a questionaire that asked if you were "physically able bodied" before you were interviewed then this would be classed as discriminative.   Yet you can be asked to explain a gap in employment and that this is not classed as discriminative to people who may have had a mental breakdown.   Ok on this occasion I had taken a work break, if thay had asked a bout a break I had taken 10 years earlier then it would have been a different story as I had suffered depression and anxiety at that time.   It just seams to me that it puts people who have had a mental health issue at a disadvantage.      
    • I am just outside of the HS" zone for compulsory purchase. However,I put my house up for sale 4 weeks ago, and have had 2 viewers. Both said they like the house but the threat of HS2 having framework across the road put them off buying my house.    I am aware that I can take HS2 to court and get the court judge to (hopefully),force HS2 to purchase my house at market value under the Blight Order.    How do I go about starting the process?. Which court would the case go to?. Am i best enlisting a claims specialist with success in this field?.    The estate agent who my house is on the market with has told me that they have the feedback documentation from the 2 viewers testifying that HS2 put them off buying my house, so they would be available to the court.    Apparently there has already been 1 successful case on my street, and 1 two streets down, and there is another case on my street going through the court.    Any help, laws,quotes etc would be greatly appreciated.
    • Hi HubbaLoo and welcome to CAG   It's no surprise that the likes of CARS and Harlands  make far more charging admin fees than they do from taking a small monthly percentage of the gym fees.   It's best to tell CARS your new address - best that you know what they're up to at all times.   Send them a typed letter (no emails for now) saying:-   Dear sir or madam,   Membership at [town/city] DW Gym   My current address is as shown above.   I cancelled my membership when I relocated and supplied details of moving. I do NOT have to supply utility bills etc as demanded from you and will not enter into further correspondence with you.   If you continue to harass me for payments of admin fees, I will make formal complaints to the appropriate authorities.   Yours faithfully.    
    • It is not the DVLA that insist it must be insured, it is s.144A, Road Traffic Act 1988. Off road and SORN is one of the exceptions - s.144B of the same act.
    • Update  Ico and tpos are both useless Martin quinn has said to them that the signature on the tenancy agreement is diffrent and neither have asked for proof  The police have not given me an update on the supposed burglary or speakers that went missing that the man n van was meant to deliver  even after asking 9 times so now I'm trying to put pressure on them to tell me why they wont    I'm also going to try and get him under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 as what he has done is a criminal offence
  • Our picks


Conflicting information re DAS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2483 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



I am trying to find a solution to my debts at the moment. I owe about 5,000 in total, all on unsecured debt.


I have been in contact with an insolvency practitioner with a view to setting up a Debt Arrangement Scheme. However, as I am not working at the moment, I had to include a note from my husband basically stating that he was happy to contribute the monthly amount out of his wages. So far, so good.


After I returned all the relevant paperwork, they called to say that having reviewed my circumstances they would advise me to go for a LILA sequestration due to my not working at the moment,but that I could still go ahead with the DAS if I wanted to. I decided to look into LILA upon their advice. After looking into it, it is not really a road I want to go down, it seems far too severe an option for a relatively low amount of debt.


I contacted Stepchange today, and am waiting for a call back from an advisor (next week), as the person I spoke to wasn't trained in procedures in Scotland. They did say however that a DAS can't be set up if it is being paid out of my husband's income. Does anyone know if this is the case? I really don't want to go down the LILA route, especially as I hope to be working again in the foreseeable future, but if I can't set up a DAS I don't know if there is any other option. I haven't gone back to the insolvency practitioner I was dealing with as they charge a fee for setting up the DAS and I would rather the full amount go to my creditors.


Any info would be appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see no reason why you cant set up a DAS from you husband's income, I have personally seen them with family contributions. In addition, I don't understand why you would deal with a fee paying company when the free advice agencies set up the scheme with no charges whatsoever. For information regarding your nearest Free DAS advice agency visit Money Scotland .Gov.uk.



There is no specific question about wher the income comes from.


Who can apply for a DPP


10 To be eligible to apply for a DPP, a client must:-

11 The guidance issued to advisers by the AiB says that habitual residence for the purposes of DPPs is difficult to define. It excludes anyone living temporarily in Scotland.

12 A reasonable period of time is determined by the AiB when applying the fair and reasonable test to an application. A programme which exceeds ten years is unlikely to be approved by the DAS Administrator, unless all the creditors consent.


In addition if you are a homeowner or have assets over £1000 or a car valued over £3000.00, don't touch LILA or Trust Deed with a bargepole.

I hope this information is of assistance

Edited by Crocdoc

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As croc says goc for the free advisory services as the one above,or national,debt line Scotland

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...