GusQuad

Vodafone UK Business Account Scandal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2568 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I thought I'd let you know about my own consumer campaign against the evil Vodafone.

I had my business phone stolen on the 1st of November... it's now the 30th and I've probably spent about 5 hours in total on hold to various elements of Vodafone that have fobbed me off, ignored me and even down-right lied to me about who is responsible for replacing the handset. As far as I'm concerned, I took out the account and the insurance with Vodafone so it's their responsibility to sort it out, am I wrong? If they've chosen to independently outsource their operations, without my consent then that's not my problem right? I just want a phone.

Anyway, fortunately I run a small online marketing blog and am active on twitter, which has given me a soapbox for my discontent. As this is the first time I've posted on this forum I can't link unfortunately but if you type 'Vodafone UK Business Account Scandal' into Google it's number one - the site is Have a read for the full story of their incompetence and deceit.

The worst thing is that even after taking a day off work yesterday to do all of this, I still have not even had a call from Vodafone to apologies or explain what's going on! It's incredible.

Has anyone here had a similar issue? And got it resolved??

Edited by 42man

Your insurance contract with Orange might give some timelines of what you can expect.

At least now you know WHY they haven't sent the phone, but that does mean that you need an explanation of WHY they didn't give the correct explanation in the first place

I would recommend an LBA and a demand for compensation for any losses. Lets face it, if they had been honest with you in the first place rather than concealing the reality, you might have requested a sim to allow you to use an old phone while you were waiting for more iphones to pack up

Hi 2grumpy... thanks for the advice. The problem account is with Vodafone. I do actually have a personal account with Orange since 1997 and have never had a problem with them. Vodafone is the culprit in this case.

***Update to the Vodafone Business Account Scandal***

So Vodafone have contacted my business and are now sending through a refurbished iphone which I'll receive on Monday the 3rd December... 33 days after the theft. They have no apologised or made any acknowledgment of the time it's taken to get this sorted. I have to admit that I feel completely unvalued as a customer by them.

Am I being unreasonable to expect an apologies (or at least an explanation) and some kind of compensation for the inconvenience of not having a business phone for 33 days and spending hours and hours hassling them to sort it out?

Edited by ims21
Link to external blog removed

I've removed the link to the external blog site.

If you wish to post the full story then you can do it on the thread or start a CAG blog.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi 2grumpy... thanks for the advice. The problem account is with Vodafone. I do actually have a personal account with Orange since 1997 and have never had a problem with them. Vodafone is the culprit in this case.
Not the first time i've got mobile suppliers wrong. Maybe I should change user name to 2Dim

complain about the delay and for their concealing the true nature of the delay, demand compensation, hire a lawyer / issue an LBA then N1 if they don't pay