Vodafone UK Business Account Scandal

GusQuad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I thought I'd let you know about my own consumer campaign against the evil Vodafone.

I had my business phone stolen on the 1st of November... it's now the 30th and I've probably spent about 5 hours in total on hold to various elements of Vodafone that have fobbed me off, ignored me and even down-right lied to me about who is responsible for replacing the handset. As far as I'm concerned, I took out the account and the insurance with Vodafone so it's their responsibility to sort it out, am I wrong? If they've chosen to independently outsource their operations, without my consent then that's not my problem right? I just want a phone.

Anyway, fortunately I run a small online marketing blog and am active on twitter, which has given me a soapbox for my discontent. As this is the first time I've posted on this forum I can't link unfortunately but if you type 'Vodafone UK Business Account Scandal' into Google it's number one - the site is Have a read for the full story of their incompetence and deceit.

The worst thing is that even after taking a day off work yesterday to do all of this, I still have not even had a call from Vodafone to apologies or explain what's going on! It's incredible.

Has anyone here had a similar issue? And got it resolved??

Edited by 42man

Your insurance contract with Orange might give some timelines of what you can expect.

At least now you know WHY they haven't sent the phone, but that does mean that you need an explanation of WHY they didn't give the correct explanation in the first place

I would recommend an LBA and a demand for compensation for any losses. Lets face it, if they had been honest with you in the first place rather than concealing the reality, you might have requested a sim to allow you to use an old phone while you were waiting for more iphones to pack up

***Update to the Vodafone Business Account Scandal***

So Vodafone have contacted my business and are now sending through a refurbished iphone which I'll receive on Monday the 3rd December... 33 days after the theft. They have no apologised or made any acknowledgment of the time it's taken to get this sorted. I have to admit that I feel completely unvalued as a customer by them.

Am I being unreasonable to expect an apologies (or at least an explanation) and some kind of compensation for the inconvenience of not having a business phone for 33 days and spending hours and hours hassling them to sort it out?

Edited by ims21
Link to external blog removed

Hi 2grumpy... thanks for the advice. The problem account is with Vodafone. I do actually have a personal account with Orange since 1997 and have never had a problem with them. Vodafone is the culprit in this case.
Not the first time i've got mobile suppliers wrong. Maybe I should change user name to 2Dim