school buses on Zig-Zag lines - cant pick my kid up now..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just stubled upon that old thread googling the "school bus, zigzag" question.

I have just had a rather interesting conversation with a guy who handles the contract for the school bus at my sons school.

First though some facts for foundation of the argument:

1) The school bus is a large double decker which parks on ZigZag lines on a corner in close proximity to the school gate.

2) The schools bus is contracted to ferry children from a local nursery, not for general use

3) Last week the council/highways agency extended the zigzags by about 80 ft to the road which up to that point had been available for parents to park in.

4) A Transit sized mini bus (from the same company) also parks ahead of the double decker.This is to take children to a seperate destination, but still contracted to the private nursery.

The school is located 3 miles away from our home and access is difficult due to crossing a dual carriageway and very busy 'A' Roads.

I DO NOT park on the zigzags and would not do so as it is A) Illegal and B) could put the childrens lives in danger.

I appose the parking of the DD bus and transit van because they are putting MY child, and any other child not connected to the nursery, at increased risk!.

The chap who was connected to the company with the contract shrugged off my concerns and simply said he had "permission". When asked who had given him permission and more importantly if they would take the wrap if an accident was to occur he was unable to answer!.

By the way.Those who happily comment about "lazy parents" ...... be aware that some of us may not have situations that are suitable for walking our offspring....not everyone is lazy, some have more complex problems!.

...awaiting your responses folks :-)

Have you spoken to the school about this? If so, what did they have to say?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

own thread created.

if you have issues with not being abble to leave you car/walk etc

why not have a word with the school too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can we have the location so we can check the signage on street view?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Many School zig zags are advisory only and have no traffic order so no offence is commited by parking on them.

The issue is not if it is legal...more to the point is it causing a danger to kids crossing the road who are not using the bus?

I have looked at the North Kesteven council page and it deffo says that parking on the zigzags is an offence that can attract a £70 fine!.

These markings are only very recent (2 weeks) and so will probably not appear on street view yet! :-)

A few more details and pictures on my blog (follow link)

http://scirocco2morocco.blogspot.co.uk/

:-)

The issue is not if it is legal...more to the point is it causing a danger to kids crossing the road who are not using the bus?

I have looked at the North Kesteven council page and it deffo says that parking on the zigzags is an offence that can attract a £70 fine!.

These markings are only very recent (2 weeks) and so will probably not appear on street view yet! :-)

A few more details and pictures on my blog (follow link)

http://scirocco2morocco.blogspot.co.uk/

:-)

There are no signs so they are as I stated only advisory. Is it dangerous probably but would it be more dangerous walking the children to a bus somewhere else?

I can't comment without seeing the location. But this is pet hate of mine as I actually witnessed a child getting knocked over crossing the road outside a school between parked cars. Not a pleasant sight.

If I was the OP, I would be contacting the local authority and report it to them and obtain a reference number.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.