nikkio

central trust - ppi & charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

just looking for some advice... on two things

Firstly, 9 years ago, i took out a loan with sothern pacific finance brokered by central trust.

The original loan amount was £5k, over a five year term.

I was told that unless i took out ppi, i would not get the the loan.

Reluctantly on my part they added £900 to the loan amount for this.

Then, 18 months later, i made a further advance on the loan.

This loan was with central trust themselves.

They paid the earlier loan off which we had taken out, (inc the £900 ppi).

So we ended up with a completely new loan, of £10k, over ten years. And this also included ppi.

I actually cancelled the ppi some time later, but i was not told that it was a lump sum, or indeed that it would only cover us for 5 years of the loan term.

Also mis sold due to the fact that i receive full pay when off sick.

I have tried to reclaim the ppi.

Southern pacific no longer exist, and central trust have stated that the loan with them was prior to them being regulated???

What i am trying to determind is should i take this to the FOS?

Next problem..

. i contacted central trust re coming to the end of my loan term, and asking for a date when i will have finished paying.

We had a period of financial difficulty about six years ago, when my OH lost his job.

We did not pay the loan for three months.

Central trust we aware of the issues we have, and we came to an arrangement to pay off the three months arrears.

They were really accomadating, and we apid the arrears off in full within a short period of time.

Imagine my horror when yesterday, i received a letter from central trust telling me that there were 10 x £185.53 payments due on the account,

(which i agree with) and also the following...

As your loan account has been subject to collection fees and added interest during the term of your loan,

we need to come to an arrangement to clear these.... then i turned the page over to see the following....

Current balance - £ 3975.07

Interest asccrued - £47.29

Future charges - £169.05

Total amount payable - £4191.41

The following costs are also included in the settlement figure

Collection costs - £1020.00

Legal costs - £543.64

Now i am no mastermind, but this just does not add up....

10 x 185.53 = 1855.30

collection costs = 1020.00

legal costs = 543.64

TOTAL £3418.94

central trust tell me the balance outstanding, after charges is £3975.07.

So, after taking out a loan for £10,000 nine years ago, with ten months left on the term, i have £4191.41 to pay. Thats nearly half of the original loan????

What i want to know is..

. does this look like a case to take to the FOS?

I just feel so annoyed that they can do this, the apr on the loan was not high,

and we were not advised that these charges would be made on the account.

Is there anything i can do, as i just want these cowboys out of my life!!!!

Hi

As far as the SPML loan is concerned you may have trouble getting your money back. Given the dates you mention, this would have been paid off in 2005 sometime and as you say, they are no more.

I think Ascenden/Capstone took over their business so it could be worth an approach to them but I wouldn't hold you breath.

As far as Central Trust goes, I would contact fos to find out whether they do come under their jurisdiction and see what they say.

In respect of the charges, do you have copies of the statements of account because it sounds like the account is littered with unlawful penalty charges which you should claim back (together with the interest on them) and this will mitigate the balance due.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

yep go for it!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I will write asking for a statement today...

as for the ppi, i have looked on the website of the FOS. Over 383 complaints against central trust for ppi, and the FOS have found in the consumers favour in 85% in complaints against them... so i have done my letter to the FOS and it will be posted today!!!

I will keep you posted

Thanks

Nikkio