style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week the not so nice Baliff person from Rossendales called at the house and pushed through the letter box

a Notice of Bailiffs Attendance for a Magistrates Liability Order/Warrant of Execution for unpaid council tax.

The letter went on to state that the intention was to sieze goods etc to discharge the debt.

It also went on to say that even at this late stage with an initial payment of £150 I can still pay by instalments, if I pay it to Rossendales.

I wont go into too much detail but the tax for 2011/12 and 2012/13 was outstanding.

A lump sum was taken from my redundancy money of approx £2000 by an attatchment of earnings and I've paid a further £1000 lump sum, leaving just under £1000 outstanding.

I do now have a full time job again so will be able to make monthly payments on time.

Although Rossendales want me to pay them direct I decided to pay the council via their website £150 today.

My intention is to visit them in person at the council office Monday to sort out payment by £150 instalment till the debt is paid off

(they did offer me this service when I last spoke to them on the phone).

Not wanting the bailiff to enter the house I informed them by phone that I would not be available,

that even if they did turn up they would not be let in and that I had paid £150 to the council direct .

As expected the bailiffs attitude changed as I told them that I would be happy to contact them by mid next week to tell them what the Council have said.

I also told them that the Council can't refuse to take my payments and I am intending to pay them only and not Rossendales.

The bailiff has retaliated by visiting my home the very same day as the phone call was made,

they give my son who was outside at the time, a letter containing a Notice of Distress saying they have siezed the car,

although I will add the car belongs to my wife and is in her name on the V5C.

The liability for the council tax is in my name only.

At no time have I had a meeting with anyone from Rossendales, only a talk on the phone.

the question is what next, can they take the car being as it's registered owner is my wife and not me.

The have applied a first visit fee of £24.50 and a second visit fee of £52.00 even thought I said I would contact them mid next week

They have given me 5 days from today to pay the distress.

Can I argue the fact with the council that as i've paid recently almost £3000 that I have paid off the liability for the 2012/13 tax year which is what the Bailiifs are working on.

Thanks for your help

Shaokahn

The have applied a first visit fee of £24.50 and a second visit fee of £52.00

fees are wrong £24.50 first visit £18.00 second visit where no levy

what paperwork have they left you?

tuck the car away for now

you are right any and all payments direct to council

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Today they left me

A Notice of Distress for the car.

Request to pay by installments which includes an income and expenditure form on the back

Bank Giro payment slips

They have not clamped or done anything to the car and I and the wife still intend to use it as normal,

after all it is her car according to the Vehicle Registration Document

Once I see the Council and sort out a payment plan will I have to dispute Rossendales fees direct to them or the council?

Would it be best done after i've paid the Council tax or jump on The Bailiffs whilst the irons hot?

Thanks for your help

Shaokahn

Tossendales are well known to inflate fees how much is value of car how much is the debt

you can send this to tossendales for a breakdown of fees

As for the bailiffs, you need a Breakdown of the fees they are charging, here's an example of what to use, send initially by email followed by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Cars worth about £2000 and debt is about £750 now i've reduced it by £150 paying direct to the council.

Then add on inflated charges of £24.50 and £52.

Just checked their paper work again and that £52 is the Levy fee not the second visit as thought

,( can't read their writing)

how do they justify that when they haven't even seen me yet or gained entry to the house?

Can they call back and sieze or try to sieze the car at any time before I get to the council?

Many thanks

Shaokahn

What the bailiffs are wanting is your cash and set up a repayment arrangement with you they will insist on a high amount each month to make you default then they will charge van attendance fees of around £180

do you have a garage to hide car away for now when not using

sounds like bailiffs have acted lawfully so far

the car is vulnerable at this point:sad:

They dont have to gain access to the house to levy on vehicles outside, its what they prefer to do as its easy for them and suits their sneaky ways

If it is not your car levy is invalid, third party goods

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Am I right thinking that I have 5 days according to the Notice of Distress before they will act?

If that being the case I have time to sort it with the Council and stop the Bailiff all together.

Shaokahn

The levy on the car will seen to be lawful. Council Tax is seen as a joint & several debt, therefore although it may be you that is named on the CT bill it actually includes both yourself & your wife. Is the car on any finance?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They argue the toss when it is on finance too

Seem to go by the spiel of how they have good relationships with the finance companies and if indeed they did seize the car the finance company can just issue an interpleader to claim the goods

They do not get the fact that by law it is third party goods until the final payment is made

Anyway that is only the case if your car is indeed on finance

If you pay it off with the council then the debt is discharged but i do believe they can still claim their fees if they have undertaken lawful work, someone correct me if that is incorrect

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

pay the council by YOUR internet banking site

use the info on the reverse of any CTAX bill.

the council can't refuse it that way.

as for the car its a joint debt, so its fair game.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I decided a run down to the Council offices was needed.

I got there only to be told that they had moved all the collections to a central address

and that I would have to ring them as they only had access to basic infomation which was read only.

Fair enough I thought, so I went home and rang the number.

I explained what was going on, only to be told your account had been transfered (along with thousands of others) to the Bailiffs for collection.

I told them I didn't want to deal with the Bailiffs and would deal with them instead.

Not going to happen she said, we are not going to make an exception for you or anyone else, your account is with them and you will pay them only not us.

So I protested and she she said sorry and put the phone down on me!

I rang back but she didn't want to know, deal with the Bailiffs like I told you she said.

A phone call to the Bailiffs and I'm now set up to pay it back monthly,

not what I wanted and somewhat defeated on this one,

but I must say it goes against the grain with the Council official not wanting to know or help.

Shaokahn

use YOUR internet banking site and the details on the back of your ctax bill

never ever pay a bailiff!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

smacks of capita here....

dx

and they

With the levy being put on the car it's not worth the hassle to fight them as my case with them is a bit too far advanced.

If I had sorted it early like I should have done I would have given the bailiffs the flick for sure.

I'm going to let this one ride as I will be paying it off soon anyway, I've still landed myself with Bailiff charges to pay all the same.

Shaokahn

You can still challenge any unlawful or wrongful fees applied to your account, you can do this once you have paid if you wish by sending the Acme letter to dossendales requesting information from the council, posting up the charges as per what dossers put on the Acme letter reply on CAG so Caggers can help you unpick them for validity.

You can then demand repayment of any unlawful fees, from the council with threats of County Court against them, and bailiffs coming to seize goods if the unlawful fees are not repaid as they 100% liable for the actions of their agent tossendales, who cannot seem to resist adding the odd dodgy fee. You have 6 years from the date of payment to do this.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailifflink3.gif Co

bailifflink3.gif House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a Breakdownlink3.gif of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!