style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39690[/ATTACH]

Hoping that you guys can help us here - I have a very good friend who iscurrently on Incapacity Benefit (although this is about to be changed to IncomeRelated Support Component of ESA - whatever that is). She a lovely lady,currently suffering with cancer, so she's in and out of hospital.

It also means that she's absolutely on her uppers.

She has been only just able to keep up with the rent and the bills,unfortunately her council tax hasn't been paid.

She received a letter, from the council, saying that they were taking her tocourt for non payment of council tax. Judgement obviously went against her (itwas about this time that she was in hospital for another operation).

The next thing that she heard was a letter from Rundles saying that the debthad been passed to them - and stating that she had to pay or they would comeand take goods to pay the debt.

The day that she got the letter from Rundles, she phoned the council - theysaid that as it had already been passed to Rundles that they couldn't get itback and that they wouldn't discuss the issue - any discussion would need to bewith Rundles.

She then contacted Rundles and agreed to pay £50 every two weeks (more thanshe could actually afford, really).

The problem is that she went back into hospital around that time, and somissed the first payment - I dropped by her flat to pick up her post and takeit to her - and it was only then that we discovered the letter (see attached).

I phoned the bailiff on her behalf, explained that she was in hospital atthe moment and so couldn't make the payment, but that she would be able tostart as soon as she got out. The bailiff was somewhat unhelpful, basicallysaying that unless the whole amount was paid within 48 hours, he would be roundto clear the flat.

She's just got back out of hospital now, and is meant to be getting completerest - you can imagine what this is doing to her!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by Viking_Raider
New attachment

Hi

To post up the document please use this method by dx100uk

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites [http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

Have they been into her premises? I would guess not from what you say.

Has she a car outside at all?

Unless they have previously had entry into the premises then they cannot force entry.

She sounds like she is in the vulnerable category to me in which case the council must take this back.

The experts in this field will be along as soon as they can but in the meantime please post that document up following the instructions above.

She a lovely lady,currently suffering with cancer, so she's in and out of hospital.

clearly vulnerable household bailiff action must stop

get on to council formal complaint to council contact local MP

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi

To post up the document please use this method by dx100uk

Have they been into her premises? I would guess not from what you say.

Has she a car outside at all?

Unless they have previously had entry into the premises then they cannot force entry.

She sounds like she is in the vulnerable category to me in which case the council must take this back.

The experts in this field will be along as soon as they can but in the meantime please post that document up following the instructions above.

Done!

Yes - he has been to the flat (no one was in, she was still in hospital)

Sorry

Had to unapprove the attachment as there is at least one reference number showing.

EDIT: Also please remove the bailiff name, phone number and signature.

Edited by ims21

I assume you have her permission to help.

First thing tomorrow morning you need to get on to the Council and ask to speak to someone in authority

- Head of Revenues would be a good start

- your friend may need to speak to them to permit you to do this.

You should tell them of her present medical history and ask if the Council has signed up to abide by the National Standards for Enforcement Agents

- your friend is clearly classed as vulnerable.

The second call you should make is to her local Councillor(s) - to intervene if the Council are stroppy or to inform of the situation,

any refusal or reluctance and go straight to the Leader of the Council & his opposite number. For now don't contact the Bailiffs.

You should also remind the Council of the latest advice/report from the LGO http://www.lgo.org.uk/news/2012/nov/lgo-highlights-problems-bailiff-action-behalf-councils

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also send a complaint to MP and get them involved, along with a complaint to OFT on Bumbles & Co's Credit Fitness.

They should adhere to the national Standards as the lady is clearly unequivocally vulnerable.

Did you record any calls or converstaions with the bailiff when they said they were going to clear the flat anyway, would be good evidence for a Formal complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you all for your responses. I have spoken to a very nice chap at the council this morning who agreed that my friend is definitely "vulnerable" and put an immediate stop on any action. Interestingly, whilst looking at her notes, he found that the bailiff had rung in yesterday, unprompted, to flag the fact that this case should go back to the council as she is vulnerable! (so they’re not all bad – he’s definitely “playing by the rules” in this case).

Thank you all for your responses. I have spoken to a very nice chap at the council this morning who agreed that my friend is definitely "vulnerable" and put an immediate stop on any action. Interestingly, whilst looking at her notes, he found that the bailiff had rung in yesterday, unprompted, to flag the fact that this case should go back to the council as she is vulnerable! (so they’re not all bad – he’s definitely “playing by the rules” in this case).

He's only playing by the rules because he has been caught out, I would doubt he has done it off his own bat. Could well be of course he has been reading this thread - or am I being too cynical!

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He's only playing by the rules because he has been caught out, I would doubt he has done it off his own bat. Could well be of course he has been reading this thread - or am I being too cynical!

Hope the bugger has, and backs away completely, he has already overstepped the mark, so the complaint should go in anyway imho

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!