loudspeaker1980

Suspension due to "falsification of time sheets"

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

My partner, who works for the same firm as me, was advised a couple of weeks ago that she was being investigated on the grounds of falsifying her flexi sheets for 2 days in October. Her job, like mine, is not solely office based, and she is often out visiting places/people. The accused her of leaving early and not recording it correctly (it was noticed that she was not in a meeting), and for something similar on the morning of another day. She provided evidence that she was working from home (documents and screenshots proving that she had been sending emails, typing and saving documents etc), but still the investigation took far longer than the few days she was promised. Her manager had always been very relaxed prior to this matter.

Since then she has been signed off with stress, as she feels the women she sits with (all who whisper and go in to private rooms to talk) have a part to play in this, and because the dread of dismissal looming.

Today she recieved an email advising that she was being suspended for a week to allow further investigation, despite her providing the evidence, mentioned above, that she was still working.

I have seen her manager and a woman from HR meeting regularly to seemingly comb through "evidence", which puzzles me. What also raises concern for me is that is was pointed out not long back that a job in her department is at risk through a company review. Also, our staff forum representative (who happens to be one of the catty women that sits on her bank of desks) said, before my partner told her what she was being investigated for, said that people were raising questions over her commitment and attitude towards her job. It seems to me like they are trying to find a way to dismiss her.

Does any one have any comments or suggestions? she has worked there for nearly 5 years, and it seems heavy to me to jump from an allegation to a suspension with the mention of gross misconduct. it's really hard fr me seeing her so stressed and wish there was something I could do or say.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you and hope we can help.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum