Arrow Global Chasing Money & Now Sent Court Order!!! Urgent Please.

gupster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Bit of a desperate urgent one i had arrow global chasing me for £360 for what they say is an unpaid orange phone bill from 2007 ish. I know i did have a few bad debits back then but don't remember not catching up with my phone bill for this amount.

When they first contacted me a few months ago i would not give them my dob and personal details as i thought it was a [problem] they refused to give me any info other than what i have detailed above. They finally said they will go back to the client and say that this is unchaseable as they I will not provide security confirmation. I did not hear from them again so belived it was a [problem] and they had lost intrest until reciving a court order for the money yesterday which has already is 7 days from the issue date. I am going for a mortgage next year so cannont have a ccj against me and feel for the minute will just have to pay the money to keep my credit rating clear and fight it out after.

Please can someone help and offer advice? Like i said i cannont have this on my credit file and have to sort this out someway tomorrow proberly by paying it but i need the piece of mind that this is sorted.

Thank you for any help,

Adam

Is this a judgement order, judgement in default or a claim pack?? Sounds like a claim pack.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi its title is "claim form" and bottom left says N1CPC Claim Form (06.12)

Im very worried about the sections that say you have limited time to act and that if you miss the deadlines a judjement will be made automatically.

OK Can you give us the details of the Particulars of Claim (POC) please?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The claiment claims 299.00 being the balance of consideration outstanding to it under account number in respect to services rendered to the defendant. The claiment also claims intrest thereon pursuant to s.69 county court act limited to one year to the date at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to 0.0

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
never post any pers details - dx

The claiment claims 299.00 being the balance of consideration outstanding to it under account number in respect to services rendered to the defendant. The claiment also claims intrest thereon pursuant to s.69 county court act limited to one year to the date at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to 0.0

Thanks

That's a bit short of information imo, have you had any form of ''letter before action ''about this?

Em I was just about to ask if Carter was involved, this `is a ''solicitor for rent'' who issues claims and backs down when a defence is submitted.

Get ther acknowledgment of service sent off and state you intend to defend.

Does Carter want the forms returned to him? If so do not do so return it to the Court.

Yes a bryan carter solictors letter that says client name: Arrow global gurnsey limited

Account number:

Balance £364.00

As you have failed to make rep[ayments pon the above we have now issued litigation to the county court you will recive the claim form in the next 48 hours direct from the court.

You can phone us on 0845 ****** to discuss the mattere.

If judgement is settled it will remain on you register for 6 years and may have diffculty obtaining credit.

Before these letters was a similar ones direct from arrow global which just said £364 for an outstanding debt no information. Even when i asked from info they just sent the same letters this is whay i thougt it was a [problem] as they only mentioned orange once on the phone.

So do i tick the,

defend all of this claim

defend part of this claim

i intend to contest jurisdiction

?

And if it turns out i do owe this from an old account will i have chance to pay without a ccj on my record?

Many thanks

I have to go out for the evening now but can check messages again tomorrow morning if you could please let me know as much info as possible it has scared me about the possible ccj and would like to get something in motion tomorrow.

Thanks

Can you please let us know the date of issue.. top right hand corner of the claim. You do have a timeline to adhere to..

Date of issue + 5 for service + 14 to acknowledge and a further 14 to submit defence = 33 days from date of issue to submission of defence.. However, you must have acknowledged service by the 19th day if you are indeed going to defend.

IMHO, the Particulars of claim are pants and the usual crap from Bryan Carter.

Did you ever receive a letter from Arrow advising they had purchased the debt and were the new owners ?

You do indeed need to look at your credit file to see if any reporting has been done.

If you are denying this debt is yours, then they will have to provide proof that it is yours.

If you are not, denying, do you know when the last payment was made.. it could well be statute barred if no payment or liability has been made for 6 years !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

There is actually an arrow global on my credit file for a default for £323

Start date 13/4/2006

Default date 14/01/08

The debt could be mine for an old phone bill but its all come about in the last few months so cant remember really what happened from 2006 i know i did dispute a bill back then but cant remember the particulars.

Date on the form is " issue date 22 nov 02"

I dont think i had a letter saying they had taken the debt on i think letters just started coming with arrows name on it the only time orange was mentioned was when i spoke to them on the phone and would not give my details because i did not know who they were.

Thanks

Hi,

There is actually an arrow global on my credit file for a default for £323

Start date 13/4/2006

Default date 14/01/08

The debt could be mine for an old phone bill but its all come about in the last few months so cant remember really what happened from 2006 i know i did dispute a bill back then but cant remember the particulars.

Date on the form is " issue date 22 nov 02"

I dont think i had a letter saying they had taken the debt on i think letters just started coming with arrows name on it the only time orange was mentioned was when i spoke to them on the phone and would not give my details because i did not know who they were.

Thanks

You must establish if the debt is yours - and when the last payment was made.

Look through your own bank records to see if you have made payments for this debt and also when the last payment was made. You could actually contact the original creditor to establish the last payment made to them.

If the Issue date for the claim was 22nd November then your timeline is..

Issue date 22/11 + 5 for service = 27/11 + 14 days to acknowledge =11/12 + 14 to submit defence = 25/12 (33 days from date of issue)

Your main concern appears to be not obtaining a CCJ however, if the debt is NOT yours or statute barred, why would you want to pay it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for that, looking back at my bank records that far will not be possible. Would it be best to contact orange and how would i go about asking them just give them my name and address i suppose? I would have no ideas of the account number or even the old phone number.

Like ive said the debt is most likey mine so we are probably on the case of proving its over 6 years old.

What is the difference from the start date and the default date on my credit file? does one of these refer to when i last paid the bill?

So i need to have acknowledge by the 11th of december?

Thanks

Start date = date account opened

default date usually is 1-6 months after the last ever payment.

Did you ever receive a Default Notice or a Notice of Assignment (confirming AGs purchase of the debt)?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well that's the basis to consider a full defence...to verify what they claim and are legally allowed to claim.

Oh and BTW they cant claim sec69 interest on a debt of less than 5K.

Regards

Andy

PS will move your thread to Legal Forum.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you received it 7 days from the issue date you still have 12 days to decide what is the best option is for you to proceed.