Magdutza

Tax credits problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2515 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am really desperate for some help, please. In June 2011 we have receivedthree letters from HMRC saying that they have overpaid us for year ending 2008,2009 and 2010. Another HMRC office sent us a letter with a statement of accounton the back of the letter where clearly states "Amount you owe us fromprevious years - £0.00) so we didn't wory about the other letters. Then inSeptember we had letters again claiming their money back. He have filled in a TC846 form diputing the overpayment. After a few month HMRC sent us a letter again explaining their reason for overpayment which I think it's just a standard statement they are writing to everybody, saying that they use the actual income for the previous year.

We have then digged out all our paperwork and I have sent them a letter explaining why we think that the overpayments arose because of them, which I will try to explain to you below.

Although they've had our final annual income for 2006-07 they have based the calculation on a amount that I am not really sure where they have got it from and they have used this amount to calculate the tax award for year ending 2009 as well but at this stage they've already had our correct returns for years 2006-07 and 2007-08. They have done the same for year 2010, I think they have used a estimated figure even though the final tax credit received for years 2007-08 and 2008-09 were showing the right income.

After my letter explaining them all this I have recently had a letter saying that we have failed to give them new information so the debt still stands. I want a reply to my letter, I want them to explain me how exactly they have done the calculations bu tI don't seem to get an answer from them. They are just singing the same tune in every letter failing to actually explain.

I don't know if all the above makes any sense, I don't know how to explain it better as there are so many letters and this is going on for so long that we are really exhausted and tired to keep trying to explain them and we just do not know what to do. By the way the debt they are claiming back is £1,803.27

Hope you could help, any advise will be most appreciated.

Maria