style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2512 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, today I had my yearly house inspection by the letting agency that i am with, and in the conversation we had the agent said they are going to change the yearly inspections to quarterly inspections is this a bit to much? Never rented a house before that was inspected every 3 months before!

Oh and I gave him a list of basic repairs that are needed, nothing fancy or expensive but I bet they dont get done!

Three monthly inspection sounds ok, normally that or six monthly, but depends on what length of contract you are on.

And thats an extra 3 X / year to remind LA of repairs prviously requested.

And thats an extra 3 X / year to remind LA of repairs prviously requested.

I am still waiting for repairs that was reported last year!

Keep reminding them, preferably in writing. Anything that's likely to cause damage to the house if it's left unrepaired?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Keep reminding them, preferably in writing. Anything that's likely to cause damage to the house if it's left unrepaired?

Most is just cosmetic really, such as fencing round the front garden is falling to bits, bath panel come lose and I cant fix it back on (been like that for 3 years!) the burglar alarm became faulty, kept going off every 10 mins! The landlord had it sorted by having the wires cut! Carpets are old and thread bare in places...response oh get some edging strips and that will do! We have to buy and fix them!

Oh and what gets me at yesterdays inspection....not sure they like the wallpaper that my kids decorated my bedroom with, as a christmas gift, erm last decorated in 1982 with a dark green and red paisley type paper! Now its cream on 4 walls and cream with butterfly print paper behind the bed, oh and need written permission to decorate my daughters bedroom in plain cream from a nursery wallpaper with old stickers on it and holes in the plasterwork...was like that when we moved in!

Sadly, most of what you've mentioned is low priority for landlords. I've always found that landlords respond better to requests for carpets if you offer to split the cost 50/50, and there's a couple of firms round here that will carpet a 3 bed for £400 (not cord carpet!).

It's pretty normal for decoration requests to be put in writing - what you've described sounds lovely, but I doubt my current landlord was pleased at finding the last tenants in this house had painted nearly every room vomit yellow. It's just the downside of renting, unfortunately.

Shame about the burglar alarm, though - that would have shaved a few quid off your contents insurance. :-(

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Sadly, most of what you've mentioned is low priority for landlords. I've always found that landlords respond better to requests for carpets if you offer to split the cost 50/50, and there's a couple of firms round here that will carpet a 3 bed for £400 (not cord carpet!).

It's pretty normal for decoration requests to be put in writing - what you've described sounds lovely, but I doubt my current landlord was pleased at finding the last tenants in this house had painted nearly every room vomit yellow. It's just the downside of renting, unfortunately.

Shame about the burglar alarm, though - that would have shaved a few quid off your contents insurance. :-(

Yup it had, now have had to redo my contents insurance because of it, the alarm is on the inventory when we moved in so I assumed the LL would keep it in good repair.

Sadly I cant afford to even offer 50% towards new carpets as I am on ESA at the moment :(

Ah, that's a real pity - especially when you can get an alarm service for £50. Even without the insurance issue, it's a nice bit of additional security.

Just make sure that you note the current condition of the carpets (and everything else in general disrepair!) so they don't mysteriously become your problem when it comes to refunding your deposit. Take photos if you must.

Mo

Oh and what gets me at yesterdays inspection....not sure they like the wallpaper that my kids decorated my bedroom with, as a christmas gift, erm last decorated in 1982 with a dark green and red paisley type paper! Now its cream on 4 walls and cream with butterfly print paper behind the bed, oh and need written permission to decorate my daughters bedroom in plain cream from a nursery wallpaper with old stickers on it and holes in the plasterwork...was like that when we moved in!

Hello Sparks

May i ask when did you actually move into this property/date your tenancy started !

Just say No to 0870 and 0845 Numbers,Use

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Hello Sparks

May i ask when did you actually move into this property/date your tenancy started !

About 4 years ago with my now ex partner, after a year he left and myself and my son took over the tenancy, was supposed to be on a 6 month contract but been here 3 years now and not signed another contract!