Help Littlewoods debt

manc girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need some advice please,

i had a littlewoods catalogue over 5 years ago, i ran a debt up of £618.00,

one thing lead to another and i diid'nt pay it.

Yesterday morning i got a letter from a preofessional debt collector asking me to pay this amount in full.

I phoned this comapany up and explained i can not pay this amount in full,

i offered to pay £10 a month as i am not working,

they told me to send proof of my income and out going which i am in receipt of sending this off today 29/11/2012,

what i want to know is what are my rights and can they make me pay the full amount all at once,

any advice would be grateful as i am worried sick incase they come to my door and start harrassing me over this.

thank you in advanced

DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR I&E!!!

DCA's have NO legal powers whatsoever, who is it that is calling themselves professional? They are far from it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, I'm afraid that phoning a DCA is a big mistake, but luckily it does not amount to an admission of liability!!

Now you need not send any I&E they are not entitled to that information.

Which debt collection agency is this please?

You do not have to speak to or deal with anyone who may visit you, they have no authority wj=hat so ever.

Check your credit reference files asap Experian (Credit Expert) Equifax have 30 day free trials or Noddle (Call Credit) Is free but not allways up to date.

When was the last payment made on the account.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ha ha Rossers, yes very well known.

Far from professional as well!

No they cannot force you to pay the full amount, and no they cannot view such a personal and confidential piece of information such as your I&E.

You should deal direct with the catalog, ignore rossers, I bet there is loads of fees and charges added to that amount which you should reclaim form the catalog. A SAR (cost £10) should be sent to Littlewoods to get all the history of your account so you can see what fees and charges you can reclaim.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Its that long ago i do not remember when the last payment was payed, i do not have any statements i have moved house since, this company wanted my phone number which i refused to give as the guy i spoke to was a little arragant with me.

Its that long ago i do not remember when the last payment was payed, i do not have any statements i have moved house since, this company wanted my phone number which i refused to give as the guy i spoke to was a little arragant with me.

Yes the SAR is the answer, use the tenplate from the CAG library, there is a £10 statutory fee payable Littlewoods have 40 day to comply, addresss the SAR to the data controller.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you all for the advice it is very much appreciated. Will let you know the outcome, i just panicked when i got the letter yesterday i just thought i was doing good when i phoned them, untill the guy on the other end was such an arrogant sod lol, and am still panicking cause i do not have that kind of money and with christmas coming up its hard enough but thanks for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...