BankFodder BankFodder

manc girl

Help Littlewoods debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2594 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i need some advice please,

i had a littlewoods catalogue over 5 years ago, i ran a debt up of £618.00,

one thing lead to another and i diid'nt pay it.

Yesterday morning i got a letter from a preofessional debt collector asking me to pay this amount in full.

I phoned this comapany up and explained i can not pay this amount in full,

i offered to pay £10 a month as i am not working,

they told me to send proof of my income and out going which i am in receipt of sending this off today 29/11/2012,

what i want to know is what are my rights and can they make me pay the full amount all at once,

any advice would be grateful as i am worried sick incase they come to my door and start harrassing me over this.

thank you in advanced

DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR I&E!!!

DCA's have NO legal powers whatsoever, who is it that is calling themselves professional? They are far from it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They call themselves Rossendales collect, professional debt collectors

Hi, I'm afraid that phoning a DCA is a big mistake, but luckily it does not amount to an admission of liability!!

Now you need not send any I&E they are not entitled to that information.

Which debt collection agency is this please?

You do not have to speak to or deal with anyone who may visit you, they have no authority wj=hat so ever.

Check your credit reference files asap Experian (Credit Expert) Equifax have 30 day free trials or Noddle (Call Credit) Is free but not allways up to date.

When was the last payment made on the account.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

When was the last payment you made on the account?

Have you got all of your account statements as there may well be penalty charges on there that you can claim back?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Never under any circumstances contact debt collectors by telephone. WRITING ONLY, THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.

Ha ha Rossers, yes very well known.

Far from professional as well!

No they cannot force you to pay the full amount, and no they cannot view such a personal and confidential piece of information such as your I&E.

You should deal direct with the catalog, ignore rossers, I bet there is loads of fees and charges added to that amount which you should reclaim form the catalog. A SAR (cost £10) should be sent to Littlewoods to get all the history of your account so you can see what fees and charges you can reclaim.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Its that long ago i do not remember when the last payment was payed, i do not have any statements i have moved house since, this company wanted my phone number which i refused to give as the guy i spoke to was a little arragant with me.

As BB says, SAR the catalogue company to get all the data on the account.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Its that long ago i do not remember when the last payment was payed, i do not have any statements i have moved house since, this company wanted my phone number which i refused to give as the guy i spoke to was a little arragant with me.

Yes the SAR is the answer, use the tenplate from the CAG library, there is a £10 statutory fee payable Littlewoods have 40 day to comply, addresss the SAR to the data controller.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Rossendales collect, professional debt collectors

:lol::lol::lol:

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thank you all for the advice it is very much appreciated. Will let you know the outcome, i just panicked when i got the letter yesterday i just thought i was doing good when i phoned them, untill the guy on the other end was such an arrogant sod lol, and am still panicking cause i do not have that kind of money and with christmas coming up its hard enough but thanks for the advice.

There is zero need to worry, honestly.

Thank you bazooka boo will keep you posted

Just updating. Not heard a peep from this crowd yet but expecting some reply in a day or 2.

Will keep you informed.