style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi good morning all.

Please could i ask for your assistance and advice regarding a rejected PPI claim my father made with the Halifax.

Initially a letter was sent to them and we received the standard reply including the following reasons,

• consent to cover, consent was given in the form of a cross and they are persuaded this required a verbal explanation to ensure we were aware of what was being purchased. therfore its concluded we knowingly consented to the addition of a PPI policy.
  • in light of their findings they believe their advisor acted fairly & reasonably throughout the sale.
  • they believe the policy information provided at the time of sale was a fair presentation of the features of the policy and explained policy exclusions and the cost of the insurance. they are also of the opinion that it was clear, fair and not misleading therfore allowing us to make a fully informed choice.
  • their review of the claim hs not highlighted any failings with the sale that would lead me to believe your decision to purchase ppi would have changed.

to this letter we sent a reply with the following points:

• i believe you must not reject the claim based on the fact i signmed documentation
  • i believe you must not reply soley on the detail within the policy's terms and conditions
  • i believe you you should not give more weight to general evidence of selling practices at that time, please reconsider your decision and reimburse me accordingly.

to which we received the following reply:

on considering your letter i do not beliueve it introduces anything that changes the original decision therfore i am unable to agree the PPI policy was miss sold. and basically tells us to go to the ombudsman.

We then requested a DSAR , paying £10 which was recieved last week, now i see a copy of the agreement signed with both boxes for

1- credit card repayment insurance

2- halifax card protection

Can anyone please advise what my next step should be?

Many thanks

Were the insurance boxes ticked by your father?

What were the reasons you gave for the mis-sale in the first place?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi IMS

its a little difficult to ascertain from this copy document , both boxes as mentioned are marked with an X, allthough one of them does appear to go ever so slightly outside the box, and then theres a third box also marked with an X to select the payment date.

My who originally made the call regarding the PPI claim had stated the following reasons:

1. my father didnt realise he had it
  2. it was something he shouldnt have had.
  3. he wasnt aware hed taken out PPI and thought it was a credit card only
  4. my father didnt want PPI
  5. it was not requested

Ok

So they rejected your initial claim and your subsequent challenge.

I think it has got the point where you now need to escalate your complaint to fos.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

No there isn't a template.

All you need to do is write write a simple letter to them outlining your concerns and enclosing copies of the correspondence between you and the lender.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions