Yorkster Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read the FAQ's and relevant forums on this excellent site I am now armed and ready for battle :)

S.A.R - Sent 11/10/06

Let battle commence!!!

HALIFAX - S.A.R Sent 11/01/06 :)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

LBA Sent 07/12/06 :rolleyes:

Offer received 21/12/06

MCOL Issued 02/01/07:)

CLAIM PAID IN FULL (£2531.00) 18/01/07 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good luck Yorkster - may the Farce be with you!

:D

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

• 1 month later...

Finally received my copy statements and spent an evening combing through them. After some serious number crunching the grand total stands at £2,128 since Apr 04!!

Prelim is going off today recorded delivery, wish me luck!!!

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've just received a reply from the Halifax asking me to complete a customer complaint form?? Going by advice I've read on other forums I've chosen to ignore this and wait out the 14 days, is this right??

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's a new one on me! I would LOVE to fill one out!!!

Can't see what the problem would be with letting them have it, after all what's the worst thing that can happen? You take them to court and they close your account!!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Well that's 14 days and not a peep from the Halifax since the customer complaint form :rolleyes: No surprise there really!!

LBA printed and ready to be dispatched by the wonderful people at the Royal Mail (recorded delivery of course ;)). I'm actually looking forward to seeing which flavour of fob off reply I'm going to get.

I've actually stopped avoiding the bill bringer (postman) and wait eagerly in anticipation of some witty response from Halifax :)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the support Innocenti :)

How far did you have to go before payment? I'm not concerned, I'm ready to take it all the way if need be. It's quite entertaining reading the responses people have received from the Halifax, they really must think their customers are a complete bunch of muppets. You'd think they would realise anyone starting this process is serious, they could save themselves a fortune in paper and printer ink!!

LBA gone, the clock is ticking............:)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got to the bitter end. It is all detailed in signature but sometimes is appears and sometimes it doesnt!!! In my case the Halifax didnt file a defence, I had to ring the legal department and chase them. I could have filed for a judgement but sometimes it is best no to do this. I found ringing them and saying "You should have filed your defence 7 days ago I can apply for judgement" worked!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmm......I'm confused :idea: I've heard nothing from the Halifax and the LBA 14 days is nearly up. I had a message on my answering machine to say they had tried to call but nothing since, no good will gesture, no scare tactics.....no nothing!!! Is it normal for them to sit it out and wait for the courts paperwork???

If I'm honest I'm gutted! Having read other forums and the examples of the banks so called good will gestures, I was looking forward to having a giggle at my own.......but nothing!!

I guess I'm concerned they aren't acknowledging my claim but everything was sent recorded so they can't deny receiving it.

MCOL goes in tomorrow whether I hear from them or not. Unfortunate timing really as I could have done with the £100 over Xmas but I'm looking forward to a prosperous New Year :D

Everything crossed at this end!!!

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, question??

I'm just drafting my MCOL claim statement ready for tomorrow but have a query.

In the Section 69 interest statement there is a calculation for continuing daily interest. My question is, does the 'Total value of claim' used to calculate this figure include the 8% interest you are claiming?? Or does it just cover the charges?

I suspect it is the total + interest but I want to get it right first time ;-)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :D

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i've rec'd the acknowledgement letter last week that they've rec'd the letter of complain (prelim letter) and that they will response in full shortly but counting the days passed i am still waiting. what should i do? is it that time that i have to send the lba letter? or should i wait a bit longer. please help!!!!!:mad:

I'd just ignore their letter. This is just another delaying tactic!!

Once the 14 days has passed from your prelim fire off your LBA.

Try and keep your questions on your own thread then everyone can track your progress ;) If you have any questions, post them on your thread and they will be answered as people browse by.

Good luck with your claim ;)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, question??

I'm just drafting my MCOL claim statement ready for tomorrow but have a query.

In the Section 69 interest statement there is a calculation for continuing daily interest. My question is, does the 'Total value of claim' used to calculate this figure include the 8% interest you are claiming?? Or does it just cover the charges?

I suspect it is the total + interest but I want to get it right first time :wink:

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :grin:

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

To start with, Happy New Year to all :-D

Ok,on with the serious stuff! I'm ashamed to admit I have lapsed in my pursuit of Halifax due to a little too much festive spirit however I am back on their case.

Having still not heard anything from the Halifax, I finally completed my MCOL yesterday. All appeared to be going swimmingly until I was handed a letter by my wife which arrived on the 22nd Dec. The letter was the standard denial from Halifax but surprisingly it contained a uncharacteristically generous goodwill gesture. They were offering just over £1900, the initial claim was for £2400+.

Either the Halifax is in a festively generous mood or they are trying to minimise their losses by making more substantial offers in the hope of saving £500 as opposed to £2400. I have to admit I had to think long and hard about what to do next, but at the end of the day, the remaining £500 is rightfully mine so the final decision was easy, carry on with the MCOL.

Herein lies the dilemma! Due to the timing of their letter (arriving the day the LBA expired, I decided to ignore it and proceed with the MCOL. I have since read on various threads that the court want to see you have entered into dialogue with the bank in an attempt to resolve the matter. Should I send off a no thanks letter even though I have already started court proceedings?? I don't want to unintentionally give the bank ammunition by not responding as their letter reached me on the last day of their 14 allowed by the LBA.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you must send off the letter accepting the offer only as part payment and tell them that you will be persuing the full amount. They will no doubt retract the offer and say that they will defend etc.

You must keep up communications, but also stick to your timetable.

Patience never has been one of my virtues but I'm getting some well needed practice!

MCOL was issued 2/1/07. Received a nice letter from the court explaining the timescales involved. Halifax have until 21st Jan to respond and the clock is ticking!! :rolleyes:

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

should've called the number on the letter quoting the ref.no. and re negotiated the settlement. the Halifax are begining to seetle for the full amount of charges, obviously not including the interest, but then thats all you wanted back was the initial charges.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

Hi bowmansgreen,

Hopefully a mod will move your thread so you can have your own, (its easier to keep track)

Yes if your statement says charges as notified then that is what you put.

Dont forget to ask for any help you need. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks for your comments Paul.

You've obviously been reading the posts I have today. Had I read them before completing the MCOL I might have chanced my arm but too late for that now. At the end of the day I'll get my money back, with interest. I agree the interest wasn't the basis for the claim but why kick a £240 gift horse in the mouth?? I've waited long enough, whats another few weeks between me and my money?

I've also read a few posts advising against entering into telephone and email discussions with the banks. From what I can see there are 2 trains of thought, both with their own virtues. I guess if you're after your money in a hurry and are willing to haggle then the phone call is worth a try. My view is that it is just the banks trying to cut losses. Those that have succeeded over the phone have eventually settled for a sum close to but not exactly what they are claiming (and entitled to). The banks may only save a few pounds on each claim but its big money for them when you think of the number of claims and how many court fee's etc they are avoiding.

Personal preference I know, but I'd rather see them out of pocket, rather than me. It may only be a moral victory but any victory works for me :)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Bowmansgreen,

Initially you will only be claiming back for the charges and not interest. If the claim progresses as far as a court claim, then you can add 8% interest. You will find all the spreadsheets you need in the templates section. Hope this helps?

Cheers, Yorkster

_

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that's fine........ i only went down this route to save writing out the MCOL and then waiting another month or so.............at least the way i've done it, i know what's happening and i did get the full amount of £1474.00. interest would've been a bonus but isn't the be all and end all. Good luck with your claim by the way.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07