PurpleSue

Newbie here needing help - Closed charity taken to ET

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I joined a local pre-school committee earlier this year not realising the implications involved.... but I soon learnt!!!

We received a serious complaint about our manager, the nature of the complaint required us by law to notify our local authority and Ofsted who advised us that she was to be suspended pending a full investigation and I was elected by these people to be the investigating officer. To cut a very long story short the conclusion was that the manager was sacked for gross misconduct. The irony here is that if we had not sacked her then Ofsted would have closed the pre-school yet we have now had to close due to the low number of intake this September. In the meantime the manager decides she will submit her ET1 and my name is prominent on the form as the investigating officer and in front of the pre-school. Along with unfair dismissal she is also claiming 'breach of contract' stating she is owed £3000 from 2010.

I'm relatively comfortable defending the unfair dismissal as we followed the acas guidelines etc. but I do realise these things can go against you for the slightest 'hic-cup', I am very concerned at the money side of things.

I understand that as we are now 'insolvent' the liability falls onto my shoulders.... but am I liable for something that occurred (or didn't as the case may be) before my time? Can I ask the courts to put the name of the Committee Treasure of 2003 - 2012 to be put on the paperwork to answer to that point?

I have been through our insurance company and they have maintain up to this point that we are not covered under the trustee indemnity even though we are a registered charity.

Any help, advice or pointers will be gratefully received.

S

Hello PurpleSue, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hello there.

I see you've found your way to the employment forum and have had a reply, so I'll close this thread now.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you