Nationwide Mortgage MPPI Aviva & Advisor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes 2 separate payments were made.

The broker was told that any cover should be suitable for self-empkoyment and that my OH was usually only on short term contracts.

We weren't told that the insurance was linked to the mortgage and so thought it was income protection and not MPPI.

It only covers employment and that's only if you have worked at the same place for over a year before any claim can be made.

It also doesn't cover the full term of the mortgage, as was, and ends at age 62.

Amending the cover isn't/wasn't an option as nothing would cover us considering the circumstances and if it did it would be far too expensive.

Thanks.

as you are paying arriva direct they are your target then.

if you've not got all the statements of payments

then you'll prob have to SAR them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, as dx states, get a complaint letter into Aviva.

Do you have any of the paperwork that the adviser produced at the time? Do you know if they're still advising?

Aviva is being payed direct and everything has been done. They say they don't have any copies of the original paperwork and only go back 7 years with payments as they are not the original company and hold nothing more. They say they are not responsible and to go after the IFA. The advisor is still operating and I've tracked them down to a company they have worked for since '92 so well before we took the mortgage out in '97 and is still listed as an advisor to date. At the time we didn't know he worked for a company and assumed he was a lone advisor as his office was within a building society but he wasn't tied to them.

Could he have been working for a financial company and be working freelance? I ask because, although I know where he is, do I address it to the company or to him personally? I don't have any original paperwork from him and neither Nationwide or Aviva have copies.

I'm thinking I should address it to the company but name him in the complaint and see what they say from there otherwise if I address it to him it could end up being diverted into the bin. At least if it's sent to a company address it can be recorded and they would have to look into any responsibility they had at the time. What do you lot think? Thanks.

Edited by Crapstone

you are/were paying aviva

they are y targets

the 'IFA' would have gotten a commission payment yes - but that as far as it goes.

he would not have benefited further

but aviva are getting YOUR money.

fwd them the paperwork they do not have then.

they are CLEARLY your target.

and should NOT be fobbing you off this way.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Everything we have has already been sent. Proof of self-employment, proof the mortgage changed, proof of the mortgage term, a copy of the original insurance T & C's they had recently sent to us and a list of payments made.

Their letter says:

'We acknowledge the receipt of your letter dated XXXXX. We act as administrators for Aviva from whom policies under this scheme were transferred to us at the beginning of 2005 as notified to you at that time, but we do not hold any records of the policy in 1997.

As you have alleged that your policy has been missold to you we must advise that all policies under this scheme were sold by Independent Financial Advisers. An Independent Financial Adviser (as the name implies) acts on behalf of his client and not the insurer, so any responsibility for the sale and for the advice/ explaination you may or may not have been given would therefore lie with the seller rather than the Insurer. As your complaint is about how the policy was sold you will need to address your complaint to the IFA who arranged the cover for you. You should be able to find details of this firm from your original mortgage documentation. '

The day before that letter arrived we had another letter telling us it's important to check the cover and update it. That's the first letter we've had telling us that cover may be inadequate in ALL the years we've had it!

We've paid Aviva for something we don't need and, as you say, they have had the benefit of and if they took on the admin. then they should share that responsibility at the very least. It's not all about misselling it's also the fact the details have changed by mistake and it's a breach that has to be rectified. If a person pays you by mistake through not understanding the contract fully or by error then that does not entitle the other party to keep that money, or so I thought.

Do you think it's just a fob off still and I should respond more agressively to them? Thanks dx.

Yes i jolly well do!!!

thats a fob off letter.

quite honestly i'd give the FOS a ring

might give a few quick pointers.

they sound just like GE money

always fobbing people off to the brokers

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

I made a claim against Aviva..

Asked for all records and they said they only go back 6 years.

I then had to claim against the actual advisor and they have records that date back 15 years that they are throwing at me,

and ones that they say Aviva have provided to them but didn't to me.

I thought I was covered by the DPA, but what about companies disclosing to each other?

I'm miffed to say the least that details have been passed and not to me upon a specific request.

Edited by Crapstone

interesting!

dx

and they

You need to make a formal complaint to their Data Controller pointing out that the docs required have been provide to one party and not the other.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

I've sent everything to the advisor and they deny any fault. They have gained details from previous employers without consent and it's not correct. It was the employer at the time the mortgage was taken out that they have gained information from. It also seems that on each payment made the advisor has had a cut of that but it's very much played down.

The advisor was told about past agency work and that self-employment could happen at any time due to the nature of the industry and planning a business.

What can I do? Surely the advisor and the company I worked for have no right in disclosing my information without my consent and it should be accurate.

• 3 months later...

Since 1997 we have had MPPI and it's been found that it's not suitable for several reasons. We have gone down the road of the FOS but they say we can't claim against the advisor that sold it.

'As the business sold you PPI before 14 January 2005, and it was not a member of either GISC or MCCB, we cannot consider a complaint against it. But you may be able to complain against the underwriter of your PPI policy ( the insurance company that actually provided the cover).

So there is a limitation but you don't always need to go back to the point of sale, or at least that is what they are saying? Any thoughts?

what limitation?

dx

and they

It's true that if they're unregulated (which some were - for instance Santander/GE Capital) complaints don't have to be considered, as technically some providers were not working to any guidelines, or were covered by their own industry codes. This changed 14th Jan 2005.

In this case, find out the insurer or underwriter and complain to them. The insurers were regulated separately and in some cases (Genworth / Santander) complaints have been successful.

I was told that I had to go to point of sale, which was the financial advisor if I thought I'd been wrongly advised.

The original company that the insurance was with has been taken over a few times and is now Aviva.

I complained to them and they said I had to go to the company that sold it originally.

The MPPI contract was regulated by the Insurance Ombudsman at the time

but the so called FA that sold it was not covered so I can't claim against them.

None of them want to hold their hands up to a worthless product from the start.

Edited by Crapstone

sri we are letting you down

we have Aviva onboard here

and they appear to be very pro active on PPI

I suggest you send them a PM

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?168458-Aviva-Support

and they

The FOS is still taking it up on the same complaint but with the insurance/ underwriters. I'll PM them but I won't hold my breathe. It annoys me when things drag on so much and just means more costs for all parties. It's pointless as I will get there in the end.

• 3 months later...

I've been with them before on a 2 year rocky road. But during that time it did keep the wolf at bay when it came to my mortgage company trying to impose every charge they could think of. I won in the end and the rats have been like kittens since...

I'm pursuing a PPI complaint and the FOS seems far quicker now. I thought I'd have to start again as the it's a long chain I have to pursue but no.. the FOS have done it all for me. They have tracked everything for me and sent it on. A company has denied receiving anything but they can't really say that honestly when it was also sent by the FOS..snail mail and email as well as by me!

The FOS have improved. It's still slow - but I think that gives you the greater power to prepare what you put forward over the court system. And it's free ... with the right to go to court if you still aren't happy.

It's worth a go if you're in a situation that you need help with and certainly better than nothing. I don't regret using them and I can't fault them at this time.

• dx100uk changed the title to Nationwide Mortgage MPPI Aviva & Advisor