uk debts rearing their heads - ruining my credit file etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I just received an alert on my Experian file that Lowell had placed a default on it.

Sure enough when I checked they had.

The thing is although I do have a UK address for my mail,

Uk mobile phone and golf clubs etc

I actually don't live in the UK and have not done for years.

I have no idea what the deault is for as it does not say on the file, just the amount and a default date in August 2011.

How should I proceed with this one please?

My record is or should I say was clear and around 900 points on experian until they put this on it.

It's now at 600 ish.

This may have been an old business debt with Barclays but I am unsure at this stage.

Cheers

when you say "OLD" would that be more than 6 years old?

if so send statute barred letter

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

write to experien and get a notice of correction put on it, stating that this company has never contcted you about this and that allowing companies to place defaults willy nilly on peoples reports is both unfair and unjust and that a letter of complaint about both lowells and experien is winging its way to the information commisioners office

write to experien and get a notice of correction put on it, stating that this company has never contcted you about this and that allowing companies to place defaults willy nilly on peoples reports is both unfair and unjust and that a letter of complaint about both lowells and experien is winging its way to the information commisioners office

They had been sending letters out to the address I just ignored them. Do they remove it if you pay them? Otherwise if not then there really is no motivation to pay them anything is there.

Never pay a DCA.

The date of default MUST reflect the date of default within 6 months of defaulting, they cannot add a date when they bought the debt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi send the following to

The Data Controller

Lowell.

Ref: as on their letter(s)

Dear Sir,

Complaint/false credit reference file entry/copy to ICO.

I have checked my credit reference files and have noted thet Lowell have placed a default entry on my files held by xxxx credit reference agency, the data display is

wrong in that Lowell have entered the date it aquired the allged debt and NOT the original default date, you must be aware that this is not allowed.

You WILL threrefore immediately amend the the date to the original default date of xx xx xxxx and confirm to me in writting that you have done so on ALL CRA files that you have reported to.

I have read that some companies have attempted to claim that defaults are dated from the aquisition of the debt in an attempt to extend the life of the default, so I will report this matter to the Information Commissioners Office.

Send recorded delivery. You could copy to Experian, Equifax, and CallCredit addressed to their Data Controllers.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi send the following to

The Data Controller

Lowell.

Ref: as on their letter(s)

Dear Sir,

Complaint/false credit reference file entry/copy to ICO.

I have checked my credit reference files and have noted thet Lowell have placed a default entry on my files held by xxxx credit reference agency, the data display is

wrong in that Lowell have entered the date it aquired the allged debt and NOT the original default date, you must be aware that this is not allowed.

You WILL threrefore immediately amend the the date to the original default date of xx xx xxxx and confirm to me in writting that you have done so on ALL CRA files that you have reported to.

I have read that some companies have attempted to claim that defaults are dated from the aquisition of the debt in an attempt to extend the life of the default, so I will report this matter to the Information Commissioners Office.

Send recorded delivery. You could copy to Experian, Equifax, and CallCredit addressed to their Data Controllers.

Ok I will do that. I can't get it removed then no way? The best I can do/hope for is an ammendment on the date? And never pay them? Not ever? This could go on forever If they aquire more of my old debts from BARC.

Hi, Cleft sitck situation the defaulted account does exist so Lowell must report it, accurately of course.

Does the default have long to run?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hiya

This is incorrect as it was not a current account but a sole trader business loan. But yes 4.5 years to run based on that. Although I am not overly convinced by that 8/2011 date as I am sure it was earlier than that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39676[/ATTACH]

I suggest a SAR to the bank, to get all the data on the account, there is a template in the CAG library for this, thereis a statutory fee of £10 and the bank has 40 days from the day the recieve the SAR to reply, you will then have all the details to hand.

Address the SAR to the Data Controller, and us Recorded Delivery so you can check receipt.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Can I use the default removal strategy discussed in other areas fo this site? if so my questions are as follows

1. The Default is about something that was never registered on my credit file ever? Does that matter?

2. Who do I use the strategy against? Barclays or Lowell? lowell raised the default after they bought the debt from Barclays?

3. The default is logged as a personal account, it wasnt it was a sole trader business loan does that matter?

Cheers..

Hi.

1.No debts/accounts do not have to shown on CRA files.

2.Barclays placed the default if Lowell have bought the account you need to contact their data contoller by recorded delivery, there is no particular 'strategy'' for getting defaults removed each cas is different, so you need to give us more detail as to why you contest the dafault.

3. You need also to tell Lowell that the ''type'' of account is wrong.77

You should be aware getting defaults removed or even marked as satisfied it a very difficult and often long process.

• Confused 1

Unbeliecably dangerous especially with Lowell never make offers on the phone they''ll stitch you up!!!, and they wont remove it just mark as satisfied.

If you ring them then they will empty your bank account, which is why everyone is told to NEVER ring.

Keep EVERYTHING in writing.

Or they will treat you like a mug, you'll pay them some money and tell you they will remove the default, you pay up, they put it in their pocket and either sell the remaining balance or continue to con you out of more money.

People really don't understand that these corrupt outfits are simply cashing in and profiteering on the uneducated debtor.

Don't ring, don't pay a DCA either, and there is little to no chance of an entry on your file ever being removed unless it is inaccurate.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok I get not to ring them but an offer by post that i will pay it if they remove it? Or a totall no no. There is zero motivation to ever pay it then as they cant do anything to me apart from annoy me with calls and letters.

I wouldn't be at all worried about your CRF unless your wanting credit in the near future? And lets face it, who does?

Ok I get not to ring them but an offer by post that i will pay it if they remove it? Or a totall no no. There is zero motivation to ever pay it then as they cant do anything to me apart from annoy me with calls and letters.

#

Full & Final Payment as a gesture of goodwill without admitting or accepting liability, on condition that:

1. Any remaining balance is not to be sold or assigned to any third party.

2.All data is removed from CRA files.

3.The offer is acknowledge and agreement is made within 7 working days.

Never send any payment until you have their unequivocal written agreement.

Just wanted to add my two pence worth.

I've very recently had a default wiped from my credit file that Lowell's were maintaining on there. Believe you me, this is no easy feat, and involved countless letters back and forth, countless hours spent on CCA and DPA legislation, patience and determination.

I managed to prove that no default notice was served, and through various other issues they finally caved and accepted a F&F of 30% with default removal. Lawfully though, as a default on a credit file is only a representation of how an account is maintained, even with no default notice the original creditor was perfectly within their rights to place a default on there.

It took over 3 months, and trust me when I say that they were extremely reluctant to remove it.

If its legitimate and the correct process has been followed, I would say that the chances of them agreeing to remove it are extremely slim though.

Worth bearing in mind. Also remember that if you're going to make an offer, make sure you do this is as 'Without prejudice' or the SB clock will start all over again.

Without prejudice should not be used because if by any chance the case ended in litigation one could not show the court evidence of the attempt to settle.

No verbals do not restart the clock, only a payment or unequivocal WRITTEN accknowledgment does that.

Creditors/dcas can't amend the data to suit themselves.