down'n'out

Esa -> jsa

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2515 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

This is curiosity, so hope it is OK.

Due to a recent post on forum, I was looking at the online JSA application.

On the site it states:-

To use this service you must:

• not have received Employment and Support Allowance in the last calendar month

Does that simply mean you need to speak to someone to get JSA immediately after being on ESA, or does it mean you cannot get JSA for a period of time after being on ESA (possible new policy??)

Another thing that gave me some concern, what the HTTPs connection (secure connection to the JSA site) was made to 66.54.40.85, that IP shows as being for:-

HPES-AUTOMATED-OPERATIONS-AOPS

Hewlett-Packard Company

USA

The other HTTPs connection made was to 206.142.212.144

Savvis

1 SAVVIS Parkway

USA

Is the JSA now outsourced to USA?

Hello,

This is curiosity, so hope it is OK.

Due to a recent post on forum, I was looking at the online JSA application.

On the site it states:-

Does that simply mean you need to speak to someone to get JSA immediately after being on ESA, or does it mean you cannot get JSA for a period of time after being on ESA (possible new policy??)

Another thing that gave me some concern, what the HTTPs connection (secure connection to the JSA site) was made to 66.54.40.85, that IP shows as being for:-

HPES-AUTOMATED-OPERATIONS-AOPS

Hewlett-Packard Company

USA

The other HTTPs connection made was to 206.142.212.144

Savvis

1 SAVVIS Parkway

USA

Is the JSA now outsourced to USA?

First question - yes, you can move straight from ESA to JSA. It's just that the automated online system is apparently not set up to handle that particular situation, probably (I speculate) because a lot of people who are doing this still have live ESA claims that need to be closed before a JSA claim can be opened. So you need to speak to a call centre person.

Second question - no, JSA processing is not being outsourced to the USA. It's possible, though, that some of the servers or IT services are located there. I'm surprised, but don't see it as anything to worry about.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi antone,

Thanks for the reply/info.

Regarding the servers in USA. If they are there, then so is the information stored on them. The US government always assumes anything on their soil is theirs. So I still have concern.

Hi antone,

Thanks for the reply/info.

Regarding the servers in USA. If they are there, then so is the information stored on them. The US government always assumes anything on their soil is theirs. So I still have concern.

It seems most likely that those IP addresses refer to the security certificate providers for the HTTPS protocol. In other words, the connection was made solely to verify the certificate and no actual DWP data is stored there. I don't see a problem, but if you remain concerned you could always try an FOI request.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It seems most likely that those IP addresses refer to the security certificate providers for the HTTPS protocol. In other words, the connection was made solely to verify the certificate and no actual DWP data is stored there. I don't see a problem, but if you remain concerned you could always try an FOI request.

The site/pages actually loaded from 66.54.40.85 (with HTTPs connections to 66.54.40.82 / 206.142.212.144) I do not see the latter IPs being for certificate verification.

I will do some digging to see what I can find.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

The site/pages actually loaded from 66.54.40.85 (with HTTPs connections to 66.54.40.82 / 206.142.212.144) I do not see the latter IPs being for certificate verification.

I will do some digging to see what I can find.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Fair enough - if you have time and you find out anything interesting, please do let us know. In the meantime, my view is that storing this information where it can be accessed according to another nation's laws would be a serious DPA breach, but I freely admit I'm no expert on this.

personal data can be sent freely within the EEA

if sent outside EEA, the country or territory must ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of individuals when processing their personal data

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/overseas.aspx

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/principle_8.aspx

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Oh, all right - just for the hell of it, I made an FOI request to the DWP.

Oh no! My top secret real name is now public!