pinklillies

i have been accepted for a debt relief order, so can my bank refuse to let me withdraw me my money from my account??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have recently been accepted for a debt relief order 13th November, which includes a credit card with my bank... I withdrew my money that was in there.... but unfortunately there has been a cross over & my child tax credits have gone into that account, I went to withdraw the money tonight & a message came up to say the card wasn't active, I couldn't access my online banking either... so I called the bank only to be told that I need to ring back in the morning to speak to the correct department... I am going to my bank in the morning.

so my question is... can they refuse to let me withdraw this money, I was over my credit card limit but no arrears on my account.. i havent recieved any letters from them saying that I won't be able to access my account.

this is the only money I have & I have a 3.5 year old & a 5 month old to buy essentials for..

thanks in advance for any advice

if you have a dro then the included accounts should be frozen. they shouldn't offset anything to anything that's subject to a dro. and you shouldn't be using an account that's subject to a dro?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant: