BankFodder BankFodder

san_d

JSA Rapid Reclaim and Housing Benefit question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2606 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am going to fill my online application for JSA, where I will asked if I want to apply for HB too.

I am pretty sure I'll get sanctioned for the JSA. If so, would I also lose the right for Housing Benefit?

And in any case is it better to make a separate application for HB with the council?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

If you are sanctioned on JSA then you still keep all passported benefit entitlement but may have to prove to te LA what you are doing and how you are supporting yourself financially.

If you are disallowed JSA then you lose all oter passported benefits and again you can still claim HB/Ctb but will need to apply seperately.

I'm sorry but I don't know whereabouts the question is for claiming HB.

To protect your claim date, whilst the DWP make a decision on your entitlement, I would advise submitting a HB form directly to LA at earliest opportunity (better safe than sorry)

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

If you are sanctioned on JSA then you still keep all passported benefit entitlement but may have to prove to te LA what you are doing and how you are supporting yourself financially.

If you are disallowed JSA then you lose all oter passported benefits and again you can still claim HB/Ctb but will need to apply seperately.

Thanks Flumps. Can you clarify the difference between jsa being sanctioned and disallowed?

I find myself in a situation where I left my job voluntarily but I might have mitigating circumstances. If I don't get JSA would it be technically classified as sanctioned or disallowed?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

LV would be a sanction which is the removal of your JSA entitlenent only.

Actively Seeking or Availability doubt is a disaalowance which is removal of all beefit entitlement.

To protect your claim date, whilst the DWP make a decision on your entitlement, I would advise submitting a HB form directly to LA at earliest opportunity (better safe than sorry)

Even if you didn't think that you were likely to be sanctioned, I would still strongly recommend making your application for HB independently. When I was laid off, I applied using the online form and linked it to a HB application, and the end result was a complete disaster. It held up my HB claim by a month.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops: