BankFodder BankFodder

Consumer dude

Getting off a coach before destination

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2606 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If one was to find a coach ticket to a destination that charged one fare and charged a cheaper fare to the next destination on from your stop, is it illegal or otherwise to buy the fare that is cheaper and just get off the stop earlier..

If one was to find a coach ticket to a destination that charged one fare and charged a cheaper fare to the next destination on from your stop, is it illegal or otherwise to buy the fare that is cheaper and just get off the stop earlier..

Hello there.

Do you have a problem that you'd like to tell us about please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

Do you have a problem that you'd like to tell us about please?

My best, HB

Hiya, It is an issue that has not happened. The main point is can you(the individual) buy and do what I have explained without any come back..

The OP is most likely referring to National Express. They have a pricing policy that sometimes discourages short trips and encourages long trips. For example if you were to leave from Reading to Oxford directly, that would usually cost more than going to Oxford through London. In other case for example a return ticket is cheaper than a single ticket.

If this is the case yes, you're breaking the Terms and Conditions, but I wonder how they can enforce it. If you've bough the ticket online, maybe, if you've bought it at the counter it would be quite difficult.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Surely if the coach stops then you could get off and do a runner, might be a bit different if you need luggae taking out of the luggage hold.

Whilst this scenario also occurs on trains, its a bit different as your ticket might not be valid when you tried to pass through the barrier and they could (attempt) to charge you more, I doubt/wonder how they could do this on a coach ?

Andy

If it is the NX we are talking about, I once asked the driver if I can buy a return ticket, use the single fare and then skip the return, what would happen? He said that, before leaving, the coach of the return fare should check how many people are booked in, if there's one short, they should inform the office. So if you have booked online, they have your name and bank details and they could charge you the difference. This what Ryanair does.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

If it is the NX we are talking about, I once asked the driver if I can buy a return ticket, use the single fare and then skip the return, what would happen? He said that, before leaving, the coach of the return fare should check how many people are booked in, if there's one short, they should inform the office. So if you have booked online, they have your name and bank details and they could charge you the difference. This what Ryanair does.

Seems rather bizarre and unlikely..although it wouldnt suprise me at all if Ryanair does it..the horrible company that they are.

Andy

Hello guys.

I'm not sure Ryanair do charge actually, if you don't use one part of your ticket. Despite everything I say about them, I think that is a concession they make.

HB

Edit: from the Ryanair website.

All Ryanair flights are fully changeable but cannot be cancelled. Passengers are therefore not required to notify us if they are unable to travel on their booked flights. Passengers who do not use their outbound flight may use their return flight. Ryanair flight dates/times/routes can be changed up to 4 hours before the flight departure time via the Manage My Booking section of the website. Name changes may be made up to 4 hours before to the outbound flight.

Illegitimi non carborundum