style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i need some advice i have council tax arrears and have baliffs breathing down my neck on has told me that if i dont pay the whole debt by next month he will tow away my car i have not signed anything i have just spoken to him on the phone this has also happened with a second baliff company

any advice would be greatly appreciated

stuart23

if they have a levy on your car they would of left paperwork have they left you paperwork??

If you are in a position to pay this debt pay it DIRECT to council using correct reference number online pay it every week works well payment history will build up

It is important you keep bailiffs out and prevent a levy(means bailiffs can take goods if you don't pay or default) otherwise charges will run into hundreds of ££££

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

You need to establish what you owe & to who, from your post it sounds as if you have multiple Liability Orders against you. Do you owe for a different address anywhere? You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they left a letter saying that thy would be back in x amount of days and that if the debt wasnt paid in full they would remove the car. on the letter there was the reg colour and make of the car

Does this paper have any of the following on it:

Notice of Seizure

Form 7

Walking Possession

Are any fees listed on it

If unsure is it possible you can scan it removing all personal info - best done as a PDF file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

have they seized a car perchance?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

its on HP

Then the bailiffs should not be able to take it as belongs to HP company

they have no doubt charged a levy fee and attendance fee

how much is outstanding with the council

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

In that case you must get the docs out and send a copy to the Bailiffs and also tell them they must remove the levy fee and all associated charges and replace with a Visit Fee if applicable. It is most important this is done soonest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In that case you must get the docs out and send a copy to the Bailiffs and also tell them they must remove the levy fee and all associated charges and replace with a Visit Fee if applicable. It is most important this is done soonest.

ok thanks alot i will do this as soon as i can

i thought i still had hp on this car but it has finished and i have sold the car to a friend who took over the hp if the car is owned by someone else and they are allowing me to use and keep my name on the log book can they seize the car if i have a bill of sale and a hand written agreement to such

Edited by stuart23