Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi I am new and this is my first post. I hope this is in the right section.


I rent a shared student house in our 2nd year and I am having heavy damp and white fluffy mould and black spots on the wall. It gets that bad that water runs down the wall when it is raining. I have told the letting agency and they told me that they would pass this onto a contractor. This has not been resolved.


Where do I stand with this please? I have heard I can stop paying rent if the room is unfit to live in? What is the legalities regarding this?


I am fed up with living a wet room and nothing seems to be getting down :(


All help welcome :)



Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot stop paying rent without risking eviction. Council EHO would first have to inspect and serve a prohibition notice.

More likely he would serve a time=limited improvement notice, which means house is still habitable & rent payable.

How long have you lived there? when did you first notice the problem? when did you first notify LL of problem? Did you inspect property before renting? Does LA have full maintenance contract with LL?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...