style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2517 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi sorry if in wrong place but we recived a letter todayfrom jacobs bailiff attendance 24 hour notice as we moved in feb to new house but while we was living there we was on benefits as my girlfriend is disabled and i care for her but i started a 16 hour a week job to help me get out of house and they stoped our money sayin i was earning too much at min wage which at time was 97 pound a week so we got everything back on track and the council tax wasnt back dated and we totaly forgot about it till the jacobs letter come to new house do we after pay jacobs or can we ring the councill up to sort out payments to save costs too or do we gotta go with jacobs thank you for your help

Edited by blades691

you can pay council direct (although they will insist you cant and must deal with bailiff), best to pay using online system (make sure you use correct council ref number), if and when Jacobs turn up you dont have to talk to them, you must not let them in, they have no right of entry, they cant get police to get entry, they cant get you arrested, they cant get a locksmith, they cant break in and a friend even had the line "we will have to get social services to look after kids while we get you into prison" that is a lie, they dont have a van in area to take your stuff, and no they cant take kids presents (another line done at Christmas). Stay off phone to bailiff. so pay council, either full amount if you can or regular amounts each week (or month), and ignore bailiff and his/her empty threats.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Thread moved to the Bailiff forum :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Cause my gf that nervous and as acnaphobia fear of ppl she aranged to meet with baillif friday wot shall i do

Is this letter a walk in order letter or just a threat thank you guys for replys

Hi sorry if in wrong place but we recived a letter todayfrom jacobs bailiff attendance 24 hour notice as we moved in feb to new house but while we was living there we was on benefits as my girlfriend is disabled and i care for her but i started a 16 hour a week job to help me get out of house and they stoped our money sayin i was earning too much at min wage which at time was 97 pound a week so we got everything back on track and the council tax wasnt back dated and we totaly forgot about it till the jacobs letter come to new house do we after pay jacobs or can we ring the councill up to sort out payments to save costs too or do we gotta go with jacobs thank you for your help

sounds like a standard letter the bailiffs have NO right of entry and can NOT force entry deny bailiffs a levy and not a lot they can do

I would say you are classed as a vulnerable household so bailiff action must now stop and no fees added on

provide proof to the council in writing copy in your local MP

any payments direct to council

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hide any car, and keep the doors locked, Jacobs are liable to clamp the car parked nearest your home whether they have the right to or not deny them a levy and they are relatively powerless

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Personally speaking I would go out and let him waste his time. Seriously though the most important things are:

record the conversation - they do have selective memories otherwise

do not commit to pay what you cannot afford

under no circumstances allow him entry to your home - this will be what he is after and it will cost you big time in the long run

Take the time and do some reading on here of other threads to get a flavour of what happens. Do you know how much is owing? You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the car is dla car so they can not touch it or they add it 176 poubd oweing

Have they left a notice of seizure listing the car? If so a Motability car cannot be seized so if they have inform Jacobs that the car is Motability, on lease so exempt, they may say they will take it anyway, but they know they are up the creek if they do. They would have to remove all fees associated with the levy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No seizure thanks for replying but no levy at all did not enter the house at all