BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2607 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I arrived home last night to find a letter from Bristow & Sutor bailiffs stating I owe them £198.24 for a parking fine from Leicester City Council.

I paid this fine directly to LCC months ago after a long dispute.

The council have no record of any outstanding debt, so i'm assuming they're after their own fees. They say yesterdays visit was £140ish.

The bailiff was named as B Ward, I cannot find him on the official register...

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.,

Thanks

Did you pay before the Bailiff got involved? Do you have proof of payment? The Bailiff Register is not 100% up to date.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you pay before the Bailiff got involved? Do you have proof of payment? The Bailiff Register is not 100% up to date.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I'd had a threatening letter from them at the time I paid

But certainly no one had been to collect anything...

I've just managed to get through to someone at LCC, they confirm that no monies are owed & they received payment & B&S should not be pursuing.

They're sending me something to that effect in writing as well as contacting B&S...

Hopefully that will be an end, but I doubt I'm that lucky.

At the very most they it would appear they could claim for a Letter Fee only. I assume Leicester dragged their heels notifying them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At the very most they it would appear they could claim for a Letter Fee only. I assume Leicester dragged their heels notifying them.

Who knows, it took then 25 calls, 3 answer phone messages & 2 emails before I got to talk to someone today.

So, if they return & I'm in, what's my line?

I would refer them to the Council. Whatever happens do not allow them in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would refer them to the Council. Whatever happens do not allow them in.

Certainly will not... From what I've read about these people they're operating under their own law!

Thanks again for the help!

Are you absolutely positive that it is for the same PCN ? Not merely assuming it is the same PCN.

If payment has been "tendered" before "seizure" then the bailiffs right to levy upon goods to cover his fees ceases.

The warrant of execution is the responsibility of the LOCAL AUTHORITY and they need to ensure that the bailiff stops ALL ENFORCEMENT.

If payment has been "tendered" before "seizure" then the bailiffs right to levy upon goods to cover his fees ceases.

The warrant of execution is the responsibility of the LOCAL AUTHORITY and they need to ensure that the bailiff stops ALL ENFORCEMENT.

I managed to get through to Leics city council late yesterday afternoon, it is definitely the same PCN, they have a paid date in early sept. they say they're going to confirm in writing & call off B&S...

If they do come back, I'll video the exchange. As they claim to be collecting on behalf of LCC that is surely fraudulent??

If they do come back, I'll video the exchange. As they claim to be collecting on behalf of LCC that is surely fraudulent??
It almost certainly is misrepresentation and that can be construed as fraud.

I had an ongoing encounter, largely in absentia, with a Rossendales gimpette. Council Tax debt to the UA discharged and the UA confirmed a nil balance. However, once a week or so there would be a letter dropped through the door - always when we were out, hence in absentia - demanding immediate payment of outstanding CT and threatening removal of goods etc. Handwritten scrawl on the top always emphasised ever escalating fees etc if I didn't settle up fast. Ignored.

Then the gimpette did catch me in once when I was rushing around trying to get stuff done before the afternoon school run. I said I was too busy to talk her so she tried to hand me a letter, which I refused to touch, so she tossed it onto the mat at my feet. "What's that?" "That's for people who are too busy." Finally gave up after about eight weeks.

Keep everything....you never know, it may come in handy one day.

Saw said gimpette at a horse show a few months later - of the two of them the horse definitely had the intellectual edge. Felt quite sorry for it actually, riding round all day with dung on its back.

Edited by smouk
Spolling!