Jump to content


Ex accessed my credit file and used info to intimidate me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2457 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

My daughters father who I have not spoken to in 6 years has accessed my credit file unlawfully. I know this because the CSA disclosed to me a document written by him that says he has.


He abandoned his daughter now age 5 and met her this year for the first time.


I have found out through information received through the family court where I took him to get an order for him to pay his daughters school fees as he did his sons. He was of the opinion that as she was female it was not necessary for her.


I am pursuing an appeal to the CSA regarding back dated maintenance as he has only declared half his income to the CSA. Being managing director of a large company he had the power to control his income.


I have found a search on my credit file done by N2

Check which is part of

Dun and Bradstreet. Dun and bradstreet are refusing to disclose who they did the search for. I have reported them to the ICO.


We had no joint finances so the only way he could of done this was to of forges my signature . It says on the N2 Check Gauge website that a consumer search will need written consent.


I have emailed my daughters father and asked how he accessed my credit file. He of course ignored me.


My daughters father was so annoyed about having to pay school fees for his daughter that he has given up his job at age 54 and is paying zero maintenance.


As as his country home he has an apartment in the

Docklands where he stays in the week. I believe he is now working as a consultant and having his fees paid through his new wife.


I am going to appeal against this zero assessment too as he wrote to me through his solicitor when my daughter was born telling me he was going to do this unless I accepted a low level of maintenance about 3 percent of his salary.


I am on benefit and having been Chronically ill for 2 years.


It's so sickening how [mod edit] people in powerful jobs are able to dodge their responsibilities like this.


Can anyone advise please.

Edited by Conniff

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

NJSUK welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.


You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.


Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very serious matter.

In addition to the complaint you have made to the ICO which is unlikely to get very enthusiastic treatment, I think that you should send the CRA an SAR and see what they are prepared to disclose under compulsion.

Then come back here

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Did you ever apply for a financial dissociation when you first split up?


An association shows that you have a financial connection with someone else. This is created by joint judgments, joint accounts, joint credit applications, or from information given to the credit reference agencies by previous lenders. The name of the person you have a financial connection with will appear on your credit report, but the financial information about them will not. Your credit report will only show information about you. Once a disassociation has been created, lenders requesting your report no longer see details of the disassociated family member. Once filled in Experian normally inform the other credit reference agencies who will adjust the information they hold on you.


I suggest you get the form filled in and dissasociate yourself from your ex for a start, you can find the forms here:




This does look like a serious issue with your data being given out like that. I would send an SAR to the credit reference agency to see what else is there. Do you have a solicitor willing to help?

Some useful links.


Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions


Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.


Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !


If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.


Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.



Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...