Help with Orange collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have/had a mobile phone contract with orange,

unfortunately my circumstances changed, and I was put on a monthly payment plan which I stuck to until October,

when unfortunately I was unable to make a payment on said date, how ever did make a payment a week later to catch up

was told the account was in default and would be passed to debt collector and I would receive letters to this effect which I have not done.

Then I called the other day to make another payment on said date and collections said the total amount outstanding had to be paid and it was going to a debt collector,

I advised I only wanted to make the arranged minium payment , they advised this was in default, and kept repeating it was going to a debt collector,

I advised I would not deal with any debt collector as my arrangement was with orange , even though I missed one payment by a week,

So I questioned if I made the monthly payment is it still going to a debt collector, they advised it was,

I then asked if someone could call me to discuss setting up or reinstating the plan, they refused and call was ended.

Please can anyone give advice...I want to keep paying, but I will not deal with any debt collectors, only orange

Thanks in advance

It's difficult to advise - I think that we need more information

How long have you been with orange

What is your payment history like

What contract are you on

What is this monthly payment plan

How long have you been on it and why?

And maybe more ...

Hi been with orange for 18 months

, payment history was good until my circumstances changed in June, when I was put on the payment plan, which was due to be reviewed in either Dec/Jan

payment plan was £50 per month

my contract was £120 per month, as I had three contracts/phones on it (family)

All I want to do is reset the payment plan, I missed one payment date (October), but paid a week later in this month , then went to pay on the payment date this month November so back to original plan, but the above happened....I should imagine credit rating is ******....

I wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered by their idle threats, debt collectors are silly little children who have no powers to o a single thing.

Let them give it to the DCA's, you won't be paying them.

Use Orange's bank details and just pay them what you want to, also enter into their complaints procedure and exhaust it, dumb corporations don't know when they got it good.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Hi All

wonder if you can help...

Saga is , I wrote to Orange suggesting a payment plan after no calls or letters from them and enclosed payment for the amount that month....which they took, however , without any notice they have sent it to a DCA...(moorcroft), I received a letter from them (moorcroft) a few days after I sent my payment proposal to orange...orange have not acknowledged any payment or receipt of the letter I sent (sent recorded) I also sent a letter to Moorcroft (recorded) advising them the account was in dispute with original creditor.....lo and behold received a letter yesterday from moorcroft advising me that although I made a payment to orange....which orange took, I should in future make payments to Moorcroft..I am still going to carry on making payments to orange...shall I just ignore moorcroft...or resend the letter saying account is in dispute...I did advise orange that I will not pay any third party...only orange

Oh and orange defiintely cut me off

Edited by myalterego

Yes ignore Moorcr@p, continue paying Orange.

Don't even begin to entertain Moorcr@ps silly little letters just file them under ignore and maintain your payments to Orange.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!