Motormile contacting works phone number with pre-recorded message

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you all so much for your help. Yes my boss does have all the messages saved and i will ask her to make a formal complaint. I am going to email this letter to them now and lets see if i get a reply this time. I will keep you updated on this situation. THANKS AGAIN

It is advisable to send the letter by recorded in dealing with MMF for others for nearly a year not one e-mail has been answered also tried faxing them but it never picks up.

Have has some3 sussess with them one cas leading to an agent of MMF making redress fott their actions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

I've jsut got a voicemail from some mug saying he is coming to my work unannounced in the next few days and to save the embarrassment to ring 01138 876 876 quoting a reference.

I don't know what to do, I read on here you should never ring them, but I don't fancy some prick turning up at reception at my work like?

Ok get this off by recorded delivery:

Private & Cofidential

For the personal attention of:

Mr. Robert Sands

Compliance Director

MMF Ltd.

Ref: use theirs.

Mr. Sands,

I have today received a very threatening voice mail from one of your operatives stating '' that he intends to visit my place of work unanounced in the next few days

and that I should call xxxxxx to save embarrassment''.

I find this conduct threatenting and intimidating and will be reporting this matter to the OFT immediately.

I am sure even a company with the unenviable reputation of MMF Ltd., is aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the public embarassment of alleged debtors and the making of threats.

Please take careful note I do not want any operative of MMF Ltd to visit my home or work place as is my right the OFT Guidance on respecting my reasonable request as to how, when and where I am contacted also al telephone contact must cease immediately.

Should any representative, agent or employee attempt such a visit I will call the police and make a complaint or harassment and/ or threatening behavior.

OK.

Also if you have an MMF e-mail address send it there t0.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

What a hero, cheers fella.

Your most welcome I have been preparing a ''mass'' complaint regarding the conduct of MMF

may I include your case in this please?

Hi Brig

Since they took over my Uncle Buck Debt on round about 8 Feb I have had 19 text messages (that I have kept there may have been more as I deleted some

) and they phone me almost everyday on my mobile at least twice. Except Sundays!! I assume even these lot have a day off.

I owe £95. They are adding me to their doorstep list ( and have been doing so for the last 3 weeks or so).

Hope this may be of some use for your complaints list.

Yes it certainly will watch this space for a letter to MMF:madgrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Did they tell you that on the phone or in a letter?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You can add mine too Brig, they chasing a SB debt even though they know it's SB'd. They said that SB doesn't count for a PDL.

Thanks the more the merrier my guess at present (not sure until I get time to collate all the data) that there is over 30 names/cases so far.

Got a response from the OFT... Generic one stating that they'll look into MMF for me if enough people moan about them.

They've got a CCL which I can post up the number here for too...

MMF been calling my work line too for a couple of months after they had said they removed all details - I want to record a call into them now but please send CCL number

Thanks the more the merrier my guess at present (not sure until I get time to collate all the data) that there is over 30 names/cases so far.

Hi

I can mail some automated messages they leave if you like?

Hi yes please the more of the different types of abuse they are churning out can only add another nail!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just been reading through this thread.

I have been receiving 3 emails (all send simultaneously) every other day for the last couple of months in relation to WDA and Mr Lender.

I sent the request for copy agreements and statement of accounts etc by recorded delivery,

which was signed for on 23rd April 2013.

Each time I receive a batch of these emails,

I reply stating that they are in receipt of my letter dated 22nd April

and it was signed for by their representative on 23rd April

and until such time as I received a response from them,

no further communication will be entered into.

They continue to send emails, I continue to respond saying they are ignoring my communication to them.

Today they left a recorded message on my colleagues voicemail here at work,

naming me and saying if I did not call them they would be attending my home.

I am furious.

I have all the emails saved, letters and recorded signatures filed away - will this help your cause?

They a bunch of ignorant bullies, that only want to deal with matters verbally

- because then there is no record of ignorant and threatening behaviour.

Quick update - I sent a letter of complaint to OFT and have today received the following response:

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against:Motormile Finance UK Limited trading as MMF

Licence No

: 628173

Thank you for your email received on 02 May 2013.

I can confirm that the business you mention holds a consumer credit licence. Under the Consumer Credit Act, holders of consumer credit licences must be fit and competent to do so and the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has a duty to monitor the fitness and conduct of all traders who hold such a licence.

The OFT has issued guidance to consumer credit licence holders engaged in the debt collection industry. The guidance is intended to ensure that debt collectors treat individuals fairly. Non-compliance with this guidance will call into question the fitness of licence holders and applicants. You can view our guidance at: http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/cca/debt-collection

We have therefore recorded the details of your complaint, and we will consider this alongside any other complaints we have received with a view to any consumer credit licensing or other action we may decide to take. If we do take any action against this trader we may need to contact you again in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose any details about any action we may take, due to legal restrictions on the OFT relating to disclosure of information.

While we are very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been experiencing, the OFT has no authority to become involved in individual disputes between consumers and traders so we cannot advise you directly in this matter.

The Financial Ombudsman Service can help with most complaints about consumer credit products and services if the consumer has failed to satisfactorily resolve the matter directly with the consumer credit licensee itself. The Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted at:

The Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Telephone: 0800 0234 567

The OFT has published a consumer guide about debt collection which you may find helpful. The guide can be viewed on the OFT’s website: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consumer_leaflets/credit/oft1299.pdf

Thank you again for writing to us and bringing this matter to our attention.

That's good the OFT cannot take action on individual cases, which is why anyone dealing with a company like MMF really must take time to report their action.

I have sent in a bulk complaint on behalf of Caggers and others.

Hi

I have just been reading through this thread.

I have been receiving 3 emails (all send simultaneously) every other day for the last couple of months in relation to WDA and Mr Lender.

I sent the request for copy agreements and statement of accounts etc by recorded delivery,

which was signed for on 23rd April 2013.

Each time I receive a batch of these emails,

I reply stating that they are in receipt of my letter dated 22nd April

and it was signed for by their representative on 23rd April

and until such time as I received a response from them,

no further communication will be entered into.

They continue to send emails, I continue to respond saying they are ignoring my communication to them.

Today they left a recorded message on my colleagues voicemail here at work,

naming me and saying if I did not call them they would be attending my home.

I am furious.

I have all the emails saved, letters and recorded signatures filed away - will this help your cause?

They a bunch of ignorant bullies, that only want to deal with matters verbally

- because then there is no record of ignorant and threatening behaviour.

Ok so there is a breach of the OFT Guidance here on ''actions likely to cause public embarrassment to a debtor.

All this needs to be reported to the OFT immediately too.

Send the following letter:

Private &Confidentia

Mr Robert Sands

Director of Compliance

MMF Ltd.

Date xx xx xxxx

Ref: use theirs.

Formal Compliant.

Dear Mr. Sands,

I refer to the contacts being made by MMF Ltd., Regarding a debt for £ xxxxx. xx originating from an account with xxxxxxxxxx, pleas take note I do not acknowledge any debt to MMF or any company it may claim to represent.

I have been receiving a number of e-mails and calls from operatives of MMF which are now of a quantity and frequency that amounts to harassment, the content of these ''contacts'' is threatening and intimidating and have all been stored/recorded to form part of my complaint regarding the conduct of MMF Ltd in relation to this account.

On xx xx xxxx MMF Ltd., left a voice mail on a work colleagues phone naming me and stating that if I do not contact MMF Ltd., they ''would be visiting my home''. This is a clear breach of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2102 in regard to 'actions likely to cause public embarrassment to a debtor''.

This call has also been recorded.

I am aware of a considerable number of complaints being made against MMF Ltd to the OFT and this matter will be another one.

Furthermore ALL permissions implied or explicit for any representative, agent or employee of MMF Ltd., to visit my home are withdrawn and I would remind you of the sections in the OFT Guidance regarding ''respecting a debtors wishes as to how, when and where they wish to be contacted'', any such attempted visit will be treated as further harassment and the person concerned WILL be removed from the premises.

ALL Communication will be by Royal Mail only. ALL telephone contact WILL now cease and MMF will remove all telephone numbers relating to me or my place of work from its records with immediate effect MMF will confirm that this instruction has been carried out within the next 7 days.

I am aware that MMF Ltd., have stated that debtors wishes regarding ''home visits'' do not apply to it, and I am sure as ''Compliance Director'' you are aware that any such claim is nonsense so you will ensure no such visit occurs.

This letter is sent by RM recorded / signed for mail its receipt will be checked.