Lilythepink

Victim Support Claim after burglaries

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2517 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Don't know whether I am posting on the right place or not. I have had two creeper burglaries, two cars stolen whilst I was in the house in bed.

When I put in a claim, they have refused compensation because I can't show that I was in reasonable fear of physical harm. How can I proof that?

I have had a breakdown, and am on benefits. I feel like the world is entitiled to just walk in and take whatever they want, and I am afraid of being on my own, and coming downstairs if I hear a noise or want to get a drink etc. How else can I prove it?

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

. I had an iron bar over the head ended up with fracture next to the eye,and robbed of takings in the past and no-body wanted to know, when criminal compensation were approached the answer was quote" what do you expect me to do", end of subject.

Edited by Old Cogger

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

omg, did you appeal it, a friends daughter who was beaten up by her boyfriend got £11000. Maybe the law in NI is different, but I would be terrified of facing a burglar. That is so unjustified.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

No as solicitors were so called dealing with it, then all they kept asking for was more fees, the last being a further £250.00 this was in the 1990s, so I told they forget it as all I was scraping up was fees to them. no

Even saw a letter from the Owners Insurance company stating 3 paragraphs about what he can claim and a small 2 line sentence " if you receive summons etc from me just pass onto them to deal with" and that was Employers Liability Insurance.

win no fee in those days.

i have heard enough about those sols, we don't have them in northern ireland. We have the compensation agency.

LilythePink

i have heard enough about those sols, we don't have them in northern ireland. We have the compensation agency.

Like most ares in England one rule for one and one for another i.e. Scotland has a lot of own legislation & N.I. but the English have longer periods to wait.

More protection for homeowners

27-11-2012 12:11 AM GMT

This week the Justice Secretary Chris Grayling will bring forward legislation to give householders even greater protection from burglars, via amendments to the Crime and Courts Bill. The changes will mean someone who is confronted by a burglar and has reason to fear for their safety, or the safety of their family, and in the heat of the moment uses force that is reasonable in the circumstances but in the cold light of day seems disproportionate they will not be guilty of an offence. Force which is grossly disproportionate will still not be permitted. Justice Secretary Chris Grayling said:'...

Thanks for that. I can't get over you can hit with an iron bar, and all your takings gone. Over here they get compensation if they are frightened by the prison guard dogs, totally ridiculous, and they also get paid if they are kneecapped....

Some make quite a profitable business out of it.

So I suppose I can't actually complain, but it has affected my lifestyle and the safety I used to feel when I was home.

LilythePink