Identity fraud - Defaults added

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been dealing with Buchannan, Clark and Wells regarding 2 disputed British Gas accounts that they say are under my name.

Both accounts were not known by me and it may be that my ex landlord set it up under my name without my knowledge.

British Gas refused to listen and basically said that I am responsible as I lived at the address during the supply dates.

today both defaults appeared on my credit report.

But, this was not all that appeared...

2 other defaults appeared today for an address several miles away.

This address is just a couple of doors away from 2 others I had to get removed in 2011.

Needless to say, it appears I have been a victim of identity fraud.

Now, what in the world do I do?

Can these be removed?

How do I do it?

Please, any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi PD

the actionfraud website has just about everything you need to sort these.

might be better to follow their guidance

however 1st port of call is p'haps the police with a crime number if this IS an ongoing issue.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi looking in as promised,

First put a notice of dispute on the CRA files you will have to do this with all the main agencies.

Formal Complaint to the Data Controller at BGs registered office.

Dear Sir.

Ref: Idenitity Fraud/ improper use of credit reference agency records.

I have been in correspondence with (name the BG staff you have been in contact with) regarding these disputed accounts and BG have been made aware that I am not the person who opened these accounts, and at no time have I authorised any third party to open an account for me at any address.

I have made it clear that I have no liability for any such alleged accounts of debt accrued on them.

Having checked by credit reference files I find that default entries have been made regarding an address that I have never resided at any time.

These inaccurate and damaging entries MUST be removed immediately and I require you to compensate me for the damage caused tomy credit profile and the inability to obtain credit caused entirely by the incompetence of BG.

A copy of this letter is being forwarded to the Information Commissioners Office because BG is causing defamatory data to be published on the credit reference agency files.

I am also making a formal complaint to your industry regulator.

I expect a positive response within 7 working days confirming your compliance in removing all adverse data from the files and your offer of compensation.

Recorded delivery. Check receipt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks guys. I've reported it to the credit reference agencies and the Action Fraud. I am also pursuing a CIFAS alert.

I'm not so worried about the linked erroneous address as I can prove this wasn't me. I'm more concerned about British Gas as I did live at the address during the supply dates.

Cheers Brig.

Did you also notice that two other fraudulent accounts have been added to my report? Typical hey.

Oh, just to clarify, these are not British Gas but some mail order companies. Both of which were reported in 2007 apparently. Similar dates to the British Gas. Maybe connected??

Cheers Brig.

Did you also notice that two other fraudulent accounts have been added to my report? Typical hey.

Incompetence at its' worst imo.

Get the letter sent and make the reports the indusrty regulator one is important, the ICO should take a view on this, it not for you to prove that you are not the debtor BG et al must prove unequivically that you are the debtor.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thank you. I'll get that sorted today.

Incompetence for sure.

No e-mails no phone call paper trail needed, if there reply is not positive, letter before action is the neaxt logical step and follow it through.