work programme

Zonker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3.5%? It's a success! Money well spent then.

But the root problem is not IDS but that the banking system, that has killed the economy. We need to let the big banks collapse before we can create more jobs.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

As seen on BBC1 news,

878,000 on programme in 13 months,

31,000 in employment 6months or more

just 3.5%

Labour claim its more like 2%

I would need to know how many of those 31,000 are actually in full time employment / part time / self employed.

When IDS was on question time, he put forward the main aim was to get people off benefits. So how many of those 31,000 no longer need to claim any benefits?

w2w has failed badly if you look at the payments over £100m spent so far this works out at...£32000 per job created, or each person off benefits, this is concerning the public accounts committee greatly, who i have been in touch with and are looking closely on the spending of this farce

I heard a pundit on radio 4 this morning say, The Work Programme's intended target is to get 35% of 'customers' into work.

I nearly fell off me chair!

Well with it being 3.5% if you look quickly you might not notice the decimal point, and it compare well with the 5% of people not on the work programme who find long term employment by themselves.

Not

Edited by count orlok

The Work Programme wasn't meant to find you a job. It was meant to keep a corrupt system working. These do called provider are companies who have other contracts with the public sector but with low margins of profit, so they need additional ways to claim expenses.

the work programme was set up in order to get the 'long term unemployed' back to work...yet in my area the long term unemployed are still just the long term unemployed, the work programme has done nothing for them...most of the 3% odd of 'customers' are people who would have found themselves a job without w2w

I've never been on the WP so I don't have first hand experience of it (however I am in WRAG so that may well change), but I do have experience of how the pimps mind works by virtue of being an ex poster on their forum (Indus delta), and took the opportunity to give them as much grief as possible.

Some of these morons actually believe the IDS mantra, they think that 'tough love' and 'it's all to do with having a negative mindset' are the only criteria with which to deal with 'customers'. Others know full well it's smoke and mirrors but are forever trying to meet the targets whilst looking over their shoulders for the Spanish archer (El-Bow), the rest are grown up schoolyard bully's.

The WP is a con trick, we know it, the pimps know it, and the government definitely know it, the only ones for whom the penny hasn't dropped are the BBC and certain newspapers who are persistently trying to brainwash Joe public into beleiving that the WP is a runaway success.

2.5 million out of work 750.000 vacancies, go do the math IDS it can't bloody work can it.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Some of these morons actually believe the IDS mantra, they think that 'tough love' and 'it's all to do with having a negative mindset' are the only criteria with which to deal with 'customers'.

Problem is the vast majority of the electorate are morons.

My work programme Provider has this wondeful wall board up showing the local situation, so far it is blank, but I envisage their 3 KPIs of Jobs Outcomes Rejections will only show the high number of rejections for so few jobs.

I have already told them I am signed up to the Universal Job search and know how to trip the search so I could apply for EVERY job going - (using and, job, vacancy as keywords brings up lots of jobs!) I have an 'Introduction to job searching' in two weeks - I bet I can show the trainer a thing or two by then.

If I am meeting my obligations by jobhunting I should not be put onto this, I have more than done my bit for applying for all sorts of jobs, but at nearly 55 I am not one of their 'priority' candidates. I have already proved to them how I have more than adequate IT skills and am doing odd courses to prove I can learn, just finished Ethinicty & Diversity and now doing Customer Services, will be doing a preparing for teaching course in February linked to my voluntary work (which I found without their help).

It is a waste of money and is targetting the 'wrong' people. It should be targetting the company directors who think it is great to farm jobs out of the country and outsource every little thing they can to the likes of Capita... make these directors aware they have a 'social and moral' duty to local people over people in another third world country.

when you actually look at the figures the govt have given approx £100 million of our taxpayers money to their mates who have found employment for 30 odd thousand people, who probably found the jobs for themselves anyway.....this is simply another distribution of wealth from the poor to the rich.....

it bypasses the JCP who in the future will no doubt be shut down and all the work outsourced to the 'pimps' it would certainly make sense for them to do this...think of the savings, smaller civil service, little job security, no pensions, and the list goes on.....

Not to mention the fact that there's no figures to suggest how many of the people who have been 'helped' actually found full time PERMANENT employment. As far as I can tell in my local area most of the work programme victims get shipped out to 3 month temp to perm vacancies, which are almost always never going to be permanent at all. Most of them don't even last the 3 months - they only get work until the backlog or whatever created the need for the additional post is cleared, then they're out on their ear.

Someone I spoke to this week at the JCP admitted that if she hadn't worked her backside off trying to impress her new employer, she'd probably still be in the job - as it was, they basically said 'thanks for that, you've cleared the overflow in time for our Christmas rush period...now, door's over there. Cheerio".

I don't know what it's like elsewhere, but here it's like the proverbial revolving door. They might temporarily get them off JSA, but permanently? No. Too many employment agencies, not enough direct employers offering proper permanent contracts.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

This is well worth watching folks... have not seen it all yet but Liam Byrne inmo is doing a sterling job:)

the only thing IDS has said is that it is Labours fault

http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/house_of_commons/newsid_9773000/9773223.stm

I'm trying to watch, but I find it difficult to watch IDS - I find my laptop screen is at risk of damage. I also hate these commons' debates, it's like a load of schoolchildren trying to score points by messing with statistics - they're all as bad as eachother.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I did watch about an hour or so, but as estellyn points out

....... it's like a load of schoolchildren trying to score points by messing with statistics - they're all as bad as eachother.
made me turn it off. They do all appear to be more interested in dragging up the past, laying blame to each other, rather than trying to get things fixed. While they play their games everything is crumbling, well, for us poor plebs it is.

I did watch about an hour or so' date=' but as estellyn points out made me turn it off. They do all appear to be more interested in dragging up the past, laying blame to each other, rather than trying to get things fixed. While they play their games everything is crumbling, well, for us poor plebs it is.[/quote']

well done you - I don't think I even lasted an hour.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop