Please help paying in installments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from a debt collector saying i owe £50.07

i have asked to explain why this needs to be paid and why i have received this amount which they explained.

I have agreed to pay the full amount in installments

and they have said because this is such a small amount i have to pay in full

if i do not pay in full within the next so many days i will either have a debt collector or i will receive a CCJ with additional costs of £200

i know this seems a bit silly posting on here for just £50

i would just like to know if i am within my rights to pay in installments

or if they are just being awkward and using empty threats :)

Hi xka and welcome to CAG

As this is not a matter of litigation (yet!) I have moved your thread to the Debt Collection Forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Do you owe it??

£50, really? Are they this desperate, personally, IMO, it sounds like your being conned, who is this DCA? And what do they reckon this debt is for?

DO NOT PAY A PENNY!

IGNORE for the time being.

More info please.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i wanted to cancel my car insurance which was going to cost me £77

i put on the tears and got it down to £30 which me and the car insurance company agreed to come out on 26th october 2012

never received a letter of confirmation to say this had been cancelled

i received a letter dated 19th October saying they had wrote to me on numerous occasions saying they had tried to take it out the account

and they couldnt (only letter i received from the company about the cancellation).

Baring in mind it wasnt due til 26th.

i then received a letter from company DCL dated 7th November saying i have a bill to pay of £50

they told me that £20 admin fee had been put on

i also received a letter saying if i didnt pay this i would get a ccj and an additional charge of £200 for the legal costs and fees

if i didnt pay this i would then get bailiffs coming to collect the debt

i rang them earlier and asked if i could pay half on friday and the other half when i next get paid ensuring them it would be paid off before xmas

the lady on the fone said that as it is such a small amount i would have to pay it all off in one go due to their terms and conditions

but would have to pay over the fone obviously with my card details which im not prepared to do i was going to send a cheque.

Who was the Ins with?

And WHO is this DCA??

NO CCJ will ever be granted for such pocket money, they are taking you for a mug.

STOP talking to children over the phone.

You can't get a CCJ, you won't get £200 fees added, and you most certainly will not get any bailiffs to collect a debt, what absolute fools.

STOP talking to these children on the phone.

If they ring laugh and hang up, repeat the process until they grow up.

If you agreed with the Ins company to pay £30, then pay the Ins company the £30, end of.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you for that advice ins was with admiral i will send a cheque for £30 as im not prepared to give them my card details do u think i should send a letter explaining my payment or do u think i should just send a cheque with my reference details

Send the Cheque direct to Admiral with your Ins reference number, a covering letter would be advantageous giving brief details and reference numbers, DO NOT send this to the DCA.

agreed

ignore the powerless dca's

it puzzles me they are offering a dscount too

something smells here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...