JSAG Adem

Trurider1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to start a new thread but the system would not allow me to continue.

My JSAG was signed 25 weeks ago and I am on the Work Programme. I saw my SW last Wednesday and they saw what I had done in compliance with their requirements and were satisfied. The gave me a new Action Plan which I agreed and signed.

On the following Monday, yesterday, I attended the jobcentre an signed on - they decided I had not done enough to comply with the JSAG and referred me for Sanction. THEY DUD NOT CONTACT OR ASK MY SW.

Now it is said the JSAG no longer applied as I was on the Work Programme and that I should do as required by the Work Programme requires. They were satisfied I was doing enough.

So can the Jobcentre refer me for sanction WITHOUT contacting the SW? Sanction me in regard to the JSAG anyway?

Apologies, but finding the right information on the internet is a problem also speaking to someone who has actual knowledge and not just expressing an opinion as opinions can be wrong but knowledge is everything.

Naturally, I am worried.

Your JSAg is replaced by the action plan at the Work Program which you are required to follow, however as the JCP are not given your updated action plans the JSAg is still the document that is referred to by the signing team when you attend each fortnight.

If you have a sudden change in the direction of employment that you are seeking or a significant change in your availability pattern the work program will notify the JCP in writing so that your records can be updated.

If you are not following the basics as per the JSAg then yes a referral can be made to DMA and they will consider the referral and your reasons that you gave. DMA may contact your work program advisor for further information too.

The JSAG says do three things and lists several things to do.

I searched the Direct.Gov website at the Jobcentre while waiting to sign on. It says do this one a week

I visited job agencies in another town, some of which I am registered with - it says do this once a week

I searched the Newspapers - yes it says once a week

They imply I did not do enough to seek work though all of these things are on the JSAg. What is your thought?

What would be the period of Sanction if they decide against me?

I can't say if your activities are sufficent or not sorry, that is not my call to make.

If the decision is an adverse one then it will be a 2 week disallowance of benefits not a sanction followed by a referral of a further 2 weeks immediately after, this is the new regime from 22/10/12. In total you could lose 4 weeks payment of JSA with 2 weeks disallowance of housing benefit, council tax benefits and all other passported benefits.