@OrangeHelpers Still being billed for expired contract

ClaireN
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently having an issue with my (now expired) Orange mobile contract.

My contract expired at the beginning of September 2012.

I had already decided that I didn't want to renew my contract and would instead be moving to a different service provider.

Before my contract expired I went into a local Orange shop, where I explained my situation - I was told that all I had to do was wait until the contract ran out and then cancel my direct debit.

I did exactly this,

switched to a different service provider, and didn't think any more about it.

However, ever since then my parents (whose address my Orange account was registered to) have been receiving letters

claiming that I owe Orange money and attempting to bill me for months after my contract ended.

I am absolutely certain that I paid off the last month where I was actually with Orange,

and I don't see how I can possibly owe them any money for months in which I received no services from them.

Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

hi claire

welcome along

check they have not trashed your cra file too.

see below.

i'd write a strongly worded email to the orange CEO.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think that you will find that at the expiry of the minimum term, the contract continues on a month-by-month rolling contract and needs to be cancelled with one-month written notice.

This does take people un-awares and frankly I don't like it - but I don't really see a way to escape this.

It might be best that you do this and bring it to an end for the moment and then attack them if we can find a reason to.

This seems wrong. I was under the impression that companies were legally required to flag unusual or onerous terms for the attention of the consumer. It seem pretty onerous that I now have to pay money I don't have for a service I didn't use because they failed to inform me that this was the case.

Thank you very much. I'll call them and cancel that right away then.