style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

what are the powers of a bailiff in situation like this.

My neighbour got clamped yesterday by a jbw bailiff ,

she acknowledged that she knew of the matter and had appealed to the council,

i spoke to the bailiff and she called the council who said they havent had any coorospondece,

after failed attempts to come to any matual understanding

the bailiff called a tow truck and my neighbour sat in the car

.the police came and said they have no powers to remove her of the vehicle and told they bailiff not to pull her out etc.

.. The bailiff said he can use resonable force as he has seized the goods but the police were not to sure and left...

Am i right in saying once your car gets clamped sit in it and bailiff or police has no powers to get you out?

It makes a change the police not assisting the bailiffs glad there is still decent police about as they should only ever prevent a breach of the peace

it will depend on the debt and amount owing in relation to the value of vehicle

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

It makes a change the police not assisting the bailiffs glad there is still decent police about as they should only ever prevent a breach of the peace

it will depend on the debt and amount owing in relation to the value of vehicle

Congestion charge

535boy

Before responding can you post back to let us know whether payment was made or whether the car was taken. At the moment, we merely have a half story.

Also, as this is a congestion charge PCN it woukd assist VERY much indeed if you could post back with details of the fees being charged.

I dont know about fees as it wasnt me but my neighbour,yes payment was made including truck fees.

All i was intrested in was my question forfuture refrence,,incase i get clamped shall i just sit in car or has bailiff got power to remove me it

I believe, but am not certain, that congestion charge warrants are the same as PCN 'warrants'. In the case of PCN 'warrants' the bailiff although being a certified court bailiff is merely acting as a private bailiff and thus the latter defines his legal status when clamping. Hence he has no powers at all. The police understanding this is a different matter.

As it is JBW it's odds on OP can challenge the fees. and threaten JBW and their emplloyer the council with small claims track or recovery. Now that would be nice a bailiff calling on Jamie Waller.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!