Can the electricity company cut me off in winter if I have children by forcing a prepayment meter I cant afford?

Johnny121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a feeling that this site is not for you .you seem to want to get out of paying for a service that you have had and used for 5 years you say you have kids.

i would question your ability to look after them as you seem to be putting them in danger of hardship by your lack of understanding of paying for electricity .

i will flag this up for site team as this is either a wind up or you do not deserve to be left in charge of kids.

I dont really have kids but they think I do, and technically speaking I could say I do

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they have every right to break in under the safety rules wherever a meter or supply is that they have not inspected for a period of 24mths

by law they have to inspect and or read a meter every 24months or better.

you/neighbour cannot stop them.

if they went to court it would automatically be granted [ on the safety issue]

as for the progression to fitting pre-payment meter, that might be another story.

i do not know.

do you actually know WHEN they last read YOUR meter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I dont really have kids but they think I do, and technically speaking I could say I do

Johnny, I don't want to be rude but I'd answered your questions as if the information you'd given was genuine. As it happens, in your situation I don't think whether you have kids is relevant anyway, so I don't suppose it makes much difference. I'm not judging, because I've done my fair share of sticking my head in the sand over bills over the years, but if you don't give the correct information you won't get correct advise.

Are all the other details correct? Is the meter genuinely in your neighbours house? Have Eon ever read the meter?

Keep in mind that if the meter is sited anywhere on the exterior of the house they won't need a warrant at all.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Not if she lets them in, no.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops: