• Tweets

• OK I need some further advice before I go to a solicitor.    Had my consultation. In the letter before the meeting it said 2 cad engineers would need to be made redundant. There are 2 of us still on furlough. In the meeting I asked the question how many people were in the pool for these 2 positions that I was being scored against and I was specifically told and reassured the whole cad team were being scored and included in the process. Having spoken to most of them, none of them are even aware of redundancies being made let alone being in the process. The director said that would happen over the next few weeks, he also said at the end of the meeting he's away for 2 weeks! They said they would come to a decision in 2 weeks.    How is that fair? I'm being scored along with another engineer for 2 jobs? Sounds like a full gone conclusion already. If I am made redundant without any other team members included surely that's grounds for unfair dismissal? I didn't record the conversation but my other colleague did and he was told the same.    Thanks for any help. 
    • This thread is starting to drone on and on. The distance selling rules are clear and if the necessary information is not been provided then it's correct that there is 12 months to reject the vehicle for any reason. In addition to that, there may be a breach of contract as regards the condition of it – but I'm not sure that we have been told what is wrong with the vehicle. Maybe @Aton2244 would like to tell us? Additionally, @Aton2244 seems to be completely hung up on their legal entitlement and also the apparent power of trading standards to sort it out. The legal entitlement is not in doubt. Once again I'm going to say that trading standards will not be able to do anything – partly because they don't have the resources – partly because they think that they are fitted for higher things than an individual case of somebody who bought a cheap second-hand car at long distance. I'm sorry but the role of trading standards nowadays has become some thing like an urban legend. As I said at the beginning of this discussion – about three weeks ago, we have to think of the practicalities. The rights of clear and it's up to the OP who decide to take the action which we will be pleased to help with. The problem of course will be one of enforcement and I've made this clear as well. I agree that it's a risk that the vehicle could be returned without the money being refunded. I don't know the answer to this. If there is some kind of stand-off about who is going to pay for the transportation costs then this seems to me to be ridiculous if that is the only thing in the way. I almost get an impression that both parties think that it's a matter of pride that the other should be made to pay for the transportation costs. If that's what it is then it becomes a stumbling block to sorting out the whole problem. This thread is developing into some aimless discussion thread that is becoming repetitive and really should be moved to Facebook where that kind of thing happens  
    • 'It is very unlikely that Birmingham TS will get involved in your civil complaint, so best for you to follow Advice Direct Scotland’s advice.   If Birmingham are not interested in the criminal side, then I will discuss it with my manager and decide what action to take.'   that was the last I heard from my local TS, I will see if next week brings any further response. 
    • Well if you can get some independent assessment of the standard work which was carried out in fitting the turbo nine months ago, and the fact that it took £180 to correct the problems then I don't see any difficulty with bringing a court action and winning. Many garages are very slippery and make enforcement difficult – but for £180 it would be extraordinary if they even went to the effort of trying to challenge you. So do you have the evidence necessary to convince a judge? If you do then I suggest that you start looking on this forum about how to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's very straightforward but it is worth knowing the steps in advance. Once you have decided that you know what the steps are and you are happy to go ahead then we will help you. You would begin by sending a letter of claim giving 14 days for your money after which you issue the claim. Don't bluff. It's not worth it. Be as good as your word. Don't forget though that this garage is apparently at the end of your road so they are inconveniently near to you if anybody wanted to do some mischief when you weren't looking. If you bring a County Court action then your chances of success are better than 95%. It's most likely that they would put their hands up once they realise that you are serious – which would mean that you would puppy have to issue the court papers.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

paying back legal aid costs

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2860 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, not sure if i am posting in the right forum but need some information.

Due to claiming income support,I was receiving legal aid for a family case involving my ex getting access to our son.

I was in receipt of it for about 18 months and had quite a few letters going back and forth from my solicitor plus court hearings in that time.

before I stopped recieving legal aid I met my new partner and moved in with him. He owns his own house which i now jointly own as were got married a month after I stopped recieving the legal aid.

My question is, do I have to repay any of the legal aid I received and if so how do i go about doing this?

if I dont get in touch with anyone about it then can they ivestigate into it and see that I now own property and want it back due to that?

My ex is quite bitter about how things and I am worried that he will try and get me in trouble even though I am not sure if he'd be able to as not sure if I should be paying back the legal aid.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Hi Sara and welcome to CAG

What happened to your previous home?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread